[solved] Analog FM Radio stutter (1 Viewer)

patton686

Portal Member
February 5, 2019
Home Country
Canada Canada
So I read about every existing thread about this issue before posting.

I have MP2 installed with TV server. Everything seems setup properly as I can watch live TV without any issue, radio channels appearing
in the EPG and playing too.

But after like 5 seconds, it starts to chop every second or so. I tried moving audio decoders up and down, This only occurs
on clients and not on the server machine itself. I tried both Kodi and MediaPortal clients; the problem remains the same.
The stream plays well for 5 seconds, starts to chop and then stops after a minute or so.
I also tried playing with audiocachelevel in Kodi to no avail. My server is connected to a gigabit switch, and so are my
clients, I can assure it's no network bottleneck issue.

Anyone has an idea what I could try next?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyone has an idea what I could try next?
    Please provide logs for both client and server in DEBUG mode as explained here.

From the above one could read that the chopping is for every source that you play via TV Server, yet the title suggest that it only affects analog radio.

Interesting that people continue to use old analog sources. Out of interest, are the stations that you are listening to maybe available via Internet? In that case there are better solutions in MP2.

patton686

Portal Member
    February 5, 2019
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry I really meant ONLY Analog FM radio stutters this way. Live TV is fine and doesn't have any issue.

Yeah I realize it works a little backwards using analog sources, but my primary goal is to make an "offline" (from the internet at least)
    server. I like having control over everything on my server and not depend on internet sources at all times. Internet drops? I still
    have access to live TV, radio and all my medias. Helps with monthly bandwidth also.

I will provide logs in a couple of minutes.

patton686

Portal Member
    February 5, 2019
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for helping. I got a DirectX error when collecting logs on server side, hope everything is up to standards.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-02-05-13.29.26-REMOTECLIENT.zip
      1 MB
    • MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-02-05-13.25.58.SERVER.zip
      301.1 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

You seem to be using another TVServer instead of the standard one:
    [2019-02-05 13:23:51,758] [384473 ] [79 ] [DEBUG] - TVServerKodi: OnTvServerEvent: StartZapChannel

I am sorry, but I can't help you with that. Have you tried using the standard TVServer that we deploy with MP2? Is the behavior the same then? Actually I am a little bit confused because I can see a mixture of both servers in the log.

patton686

Portal Member
    February 5, 2019
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks again for helping. In fact TVServerKodi is a plugin for TVServer to allow Kodi to easily access it. It may appear like
    this in the log, but really it just connects to MP2 TVServer, as you can see in the attached screenshot. The analog FM radio
    stutter issue appears both in Kodi and MP2 client. The client log attached in my previous post is for my MP2 client running
    on Windows. Would you please take a second look, even if you just skip the KodiTVServer issues? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much once again

Attachments

• tvserverkodi.png
      tvserverkodi.png
      28.3 KB

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would you please take a second look
    Sure :). Thanks for the explanation, I am not familiar with the plugin but understand that it shouldn't interfere in the above context. Notwithstanding it might be interesting to verify this by disabling the plugin, just to be sure that it doesn't impact anything (restart the server service after that).

AFAIK the relevant log for radio is streaming server.log. Radio playback is logged at around 13.24 with the streaming log starting at 13:20:28 and ending at 13:24:48. Obviously not the correct one. Unfortunately only the last instance of this log is retained and I don't know where to look elsewhere.

Therefore please combine the two things by disabling the Kodi plugin, restarting the server service. Then start a radio channel, let it play for a few minutes and stop the playback. After that collect the logs server-side please.

patton686

Portal Member
    February 5, 2019
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow thanks for your understanding! I'm so used to "Sorry, we're not supporting that and I'm stopping here", it feels really heartwarming to read you :)

I'll be doing this and come back with a new set of logs. Thanks a thousand times for your patience with my limited knowledge!

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm so used to "Sorry, we're not supporting that and I'm stopping here", it feels really heartwarming to read you :)
    The team tries to help people as much as possible. I truly appreciate your reply. What goes around comes around, so you are very welcome.

patton686

Portal Member
    February 5, 2019
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi again, to make sure I don't bother you with simple troubles that could be reinstalled, I did the following:

- Formatted my HDD and installed Win7 SP1 Ultimate, did all the updates (really, all of them)
    - Reinstalled the driver and software (at first) for my Avermedia H826 Hybrid Volar Max USB tuner
    - Made sure the tuner worked properly outside of MP2, it was tuning instantly and working as it should
    - Uninstalled the Viewer/Player software part (Aver3D) and kept only the driver (this has been verified in Services and background processes)
    - Then I installed MP2, and made "Hybrid Card" group out of my tuner. I scanned for channels, it found 9.
    - Then when I hit preview and/or try to play FM radio in MP2 client (on the same machine) I get an error which ends by:

card: WaitForRecordingFile - no audio was found after 15.0018581 seconds

Rest is in the attached (debug) log

I read about every thread stating this error but most of them were about video issues, which I don't have. I hit preview, and the error "NoAudioVideoDetected" popups up after a couple of seconds. From what I understand in the log, the tuner is able to lock the channel in, on the right frequency, and signal quality is 100%.
    The timeshift is able to create a .TS file too. I'm about to pull my hairs off....

Could you please take one more look, I'm really sorry to bother you with this...

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2019-02-11-15.23.27.zip
      578.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom