Analog FM Radio tuning in MP 1.1.x (1 Viewer)

catch22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi
    I have been trying for a few days now to ascertain if there is support for Analog FM Radio in the latest Mediaportal version ie 1.1.0. I have 3 tuners in my machine and none of them will find any radio stations (whn using MP) yet the software that comes with all 3 allows me to tune them in. I have tried installing the Intervideo software in order to get an mpeg encoder (i read in an oild post I shoul ddo that) but that has made not difference.

Could one of the developers clarify the situation (there is a major bug or its too hard or whatever) and say whether it will be supported in a future release or has it got to the stage now that streaming radio stations over the net is preferable to supporting analog FM .

Thanks to all who worked and tested MP 1.1.x it has come a long way is an excellent piece of software.

PS Rather than post an entirely new message does anybody now if I can record radio through the radiotime plugin (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...e-plugin-0-6-2-0-stable-07-26-2010-a-40575/)?

MediaPortal Version: v1.1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium D
    HDD: Seagate ST3250824A x2
    Memory: 2GB DDR2 PC2-4300
    Motherboard: ASUS P5LD2
    Video Card: GeForce 8400 GS
    Video Card Driver: 8.17.11.9745
    Sound Card: Realtek
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: DNTV 7164 PCIe
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T & Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 7.8.13.2
    2. TV Card: Digital Fusion Dual 2 HDTV
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T & Analog
    2. TV Card Driver: 6.1.13.0
    3. TV Card: AVerTV Hybrid+FM Volar
    3. TV Card Type: DVB-T & Analog
    3. TV Card Driver: 1.7.0.88
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Yes, same here, also with a DNTV Live Hybrid card (Philips SAA7162 chipset). Can't tune known stations, although the complete scan for radio channels did pick up two random radio frequencies that play sound - only static though. Seems the problem isn't the building of the graph to get audio, but in the tuning of the desired frequency. Editing these two stations to have a known radio station frequency simply gives back the tuning error message.

System specs can be viewed at left, but I'm running Windows 7 32 bit with 1.1.0 Final.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well this is annoying!
    I'm from NZ and trying to tune FM on Pinnacle 7010ix cards which use the SAA7162 chipset. I too pick up a few random "stations" that are mostly static while the real stations are skipped over. Something must have changed since 1.0.2. I've only just replaced a DigitalNow Quattro S-T (the satellite tuners got damaged :(:mad: ) which is also SAA7162 based. That card used to be able to tune FM stations fine with MediaPortal 1.0.2. I might have to dive into the code and see what I can find...:rolleyes::D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Folks, I have posted a fix for my radio issue here. You might be interested in keeping an eye on it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom