[Android] aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client (1 Viewer)

marlon1925

Portal Member
December 18, 2010
Home Country
anyone has a download link for General Media Access WebService? I am having a hard time trying to download it from General Media Access WebService . Their server is very slow.

anyone has a mirror of GmaWebService 0.3.2 Setup please? (General Media Access WebService - Download: 0.3.2 Beta)

Thank you

anyone has a download link for General Media Access WebService? I am having a hard time trying to download it from General Media Access WebService . Their server is very slow.

anyone has a mirror of GmaWebService 0.3.2 Setup please? (General Media Access WebService - Download: 0.3.2 Beta)

Thank you

marlon1925

Portal Member
December 18, 2010
Home Country
Re: Installing aMPdroid - Android MediaPortal Client - I am lost!

Hi guys,
sorry for the stupid question, but is there an install guide for aMPdroid and Wifiremote. I have been trying to get this to work for days now. The remote works, but whenever I want to access video, music or TV get something that I should check username and password.

Username and password of what do I have to put where? PW from Windows for accessing the drives or pw from MP-database. Where do I have to put the username and password. If MP TV is on, in the bottom of remote It shows the correct EPG. I am really lost and would love to use this app. Could somebody please help?

Your problem isn't WifiRemote, it's GmaWebservice -> GmaWebservice - MediaPortal Wiki

The default password is admin/admin, you can change it only in the config file in c:\program files (x86)\gmawebservice\config.xml . Since there will be a new (and hopefully much easier) service in the future (mp-extended) there won't be a config tool for gmawebservice. The wiki is open for everyone, so it would be great if other people could add such things (setup guides, etc). That way the developers can do some actual developing work.

:D

Sir, please bear with this noob query...but after setting the password in c:\program files (x86)\gmawebservice\config.xml where do we put the set pw?

Thank you.

TRIROG

Portal Pro
February 27, 2007
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
I put the password i used in config files for both GMAWS and TV4Home in the ampdroid Addhost -> simple configuration -> Username / Password.

like it says in the wiki :
If all the services (GmaWebservice, Tv4Home, WifiRemote) run on the same machine, you can just use the simple configuration mode.

You have to enter the following information

* Name of this Instance: The display name for this client
* Host or IP Address: The network address of the pc. Note that windows network names (myserver, htpc) are not supported on android. Use either a full domain (htpc.myservers.com) or the ip address (192.xxx.xxx.x).
* Mac Address: The physical MAC address of the pc.
* Username: The username that is used on WifiRemote, GmaWebservice and Tv4Home. On a standard install, this is admin per default).
* Password: The password that is used on WifiRemote, GmaWebservice and Tv4Home. On a standard install, this is admin per default).

make sure all the passwords are the same

BTW - Is there any way to filter unwatched series in the TV Series View ?
I like the aMPdroid, but i need a way to filter all the watched episodes from the list .

b5draw

Portal Member
November 18, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hello, I succesfully setup aMPdroid 0.8.3 and get it working rather quick. However I seem to experience a strange problem I am not able to fix so far. When I first connect I go to Music, then I see my folders. Everything ok, I pick an artist and start playing music. After a while I want to switch to another artist, but then it keeps loading (aMPdroid is connected, I can for example still change volume). When this happens I'm able to access the webservice from another pc using a browser, so the problem isn't located there. The only "solutions" I have for now is to "force stop" aMPdroid on my HTC (Android version 2.2.2). Then it works fine again. Each first action I do works, when I go back to home and tab music again, it keeps loading again. And so on. Any suggestions on where to start looking?

sircolin

Portal Member
March 17, 2011
Reading UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just Wanna Say i have watched this application progress for a while now and after buying a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 I'm finding this app works great on this tablet I already brought the pro version a while back as i believe in supporting things like this.

Without even going or getting involved in streaming settings or the like this on my tablet TV streaming is working very well as is all the other features i really don't see how this could be improved at this point - Best media center app out there.

FYI I'm Using the native ICS 4.04 video player with ffmpeg medium settings for tv

Good Work !! ;-)

helloh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2010
    Hi,

I am experiencing problems with aMPdroid. :(
    If I want to watch a video oder stream the picture freezes after about 300ms. So, I can see and hear some FPS and then it stops immedeately.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

EPG works fine.

Thanks!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Would this work a mini android tv.. Like the mk802 it has full 1080p and hardware decoding.

I havn't tried ampdroid using a keyboard or arrow keys, If your android remote was a mouse then it would definitely work, if the android remote only had up/down/ok etc, im not sure if it would work.

helloh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2010
    Hi,

I am experiencing problems with aMPdroid. :(
    If I want to watch a video oder stream the picture freezes after about 300ms. So, I can see and hear some FPS and then it stops immedeately.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

EPG works fine.

Thanks!

Can anyone help me, please?

//
    I think it's working now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom