Angel USB Composite Latency (1 Viewer)

Xlaits

February 27, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So, I'm trying to use an Angel USB Tuner's composite to effectively use my PC as a tv for gaming. However, the latency is about 1 to 2 seconds between controller input and game response! Is there any way to lower this latency?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is there any way to lower this latency?
    No, not with MediaPortal.

MediaPortal is not designed for ultra low latency (latency doesn't matter so much in the context of regular TV viewing). You may be able to get slightly lower latencies by using other software that directly displays the feed from the composite input rather than [encoding -> writing to time-shift file -> reading from time-shift file -> decoding] as MediaPortal does. The only generic software I can think of directly displays the feed and that might work with your tuner is DScaler.

Xlaits

February 27, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there any way to lower this latency?
    No, not with MediaPortal.

MediaPortal is not designed for ultra low latency (latency doesn't matter so much in the context of regular TV viewing). You may be able to get slightly lower latencies by using other software that directly displays the feed from the composite input rather than [encoding -> writing to time-shift file -> reading from time-shift file -> decoding] as MediaPortal does. The only generic software I can think of directly displays the feed and that might work with your tuner is DScaler.

Oh! Thank you. I'll give it a try and report back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom