animated backdrops. (1 Viewer)

explodedk

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
hey all

i just tried to make a animated gif as backdrop and it worked... weee... my question is... will mp load the image in the startup of the program, or will it load the image when hovered. cause if it loads the entire image before mp runs it will work smoooth and easy but if it loads while hovering the button where its backdrop it will be laggy as hell...

it might give a bit more loading time for the app to open, but i live with that if i get rid of the lags when image is changing in the home menu if imagepath is used.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I used a lot of animated GIFs in my XMAS skin, and all worked perfect. MP stores all images in the MP cache during initialization and loads them from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, Thanks for your comments. Generally we recommend to also take a look at the Wiki where many questions are answered. Right - and we explicitly say so in case of the installation not working.;) I guess there is a 50:50 chance if you have two network adapters. I am not sure if "Auto" will automatically use one or the other...
    Hello, Thanks for your comments. Generally we recommend to also take a look at the Wiki where many questions are answered. Right...
    Hello ! I've installed the latest version (2.2 client-server mode) on a fresh new installation of windows 7 and here is my...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP 2.1 Issues DE
    I could spend time detailing all of the issues I've had, but it was take more time. Very simply put, I have had to spend way to much time tweaking and trying to make the software work. MP1 has worked for 5 years...but I remember spending a significant amount of time setting it up. Here's a summary of my grievances: Changing...
    I could spend time detailing all of the issues I've had, but it was take more time. Very simply put, I have had to spend way to...
    I have installed MP2.1 and I have several issues. Originally, I installed MP2 alongside MP1(which has worked for a few years) and...
    Replies
    Views
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
    Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
    I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes. Yes... and if you post in the forum, provide full log files from the server. We won't be able to help without them. TVService.
    Yes. Yes... and if you post in the forum, provide full log files from the server. We won't be able to help without them. TVService.
    Hi, I have been using MP1 for a while now with a separate PC for the server with tuners (Win 7, home network, hardwire ethernet)...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom