Animations are HARD! (1 Viewer)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The bigger problem too is that in recordedtv screen the properties like description etc <id>13</id> for example seems to be hard coded to be always on top unless action menu is visible.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Wrong ;) The actiongroup only serves as a container for the button list,
    Clearly, I still have some things to learn. :D

The animations must be placed in the control for the background image and the group control for the buttons ;) Here a complete actiongroup for recorded tv
    Yes, but... ...I notice that the two ANIMATION tags specify the same start point for the animations. If you slow down the slide, you will notice that the buttons slide at a different speed to the background. Both background and buttons arrive at the end point at the same moment, but in order for them to slide in unison, they need to have different start points. (Of course, perhaps you want them to slide at different speeds. :D)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, but... ...I notice that the two ANIMATION tags specify the same start point for the animations. If you slow down the slide, you will notice that the buttons slide at a different speed to the background.
    That is unfortunately correct - this is clearly a bug in the skin engine ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    this is clearly a bug in the skin engine
    This is not a bug, it's a lack of the whole animation simply inherit. And it is necessary to coordinate transformation was inheritance. This is a great piece of work. I do not think that someone will fix it quickly. :):coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Both background and buttons arrive at the end point at the same moment, but in order for them to slide in unison, they need to have different start points
    Do not specify an animation for the group. This will prevent inheritance. And each element of the group include your animation. Should work. :):coffee:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Do not specify an animation for the group. This will prevent inheritance. And each element of the group include your animation. Should work. :):coffee:
    I am not sure that I understand this. Logically, the structure of the controls is this (these are not the actual tags!):

Code:
    control type="actiongroup"
       tag_group_1
       control type="image"         <!-- this is the sliding background -->
          tag_group_2
       /control                     <!-- end of sliding background -->
       control type="group"         <!-- this is the button group -->
          tag_group_3
          control type="button"     <!-- this is a single button -->
             tag_group_4
          /control                  <!-- end of single button -->
          more_button_definitions
       /control                     <!-- end of button group -->
    /control                        <!-- end of action group -->

My expectation was that the ANIMATION tag should reside within tag group 1, and its effect would then be inherited by all of the controls within the action group. But this does not work correctly. The slide-on is OK, but when the slide-off is started, all of the buttons vanish instantly, and the background slides off by ltself (overlaid by the text in the list :(). @catavolt said that my expectation was not correct.

If you place the animation in tag group 2 (for the sliding background), I would not expect the animation to be inherited by the button group. This is because the button group is at the same level as the sliding background (i.e the button group is not nested within the group for the sliding background). Hence if the ANIMATION tag is placed within tag group 2 for the sliding-background group, the tag needs to be repeated within tag group 3 for the button group. That works, but does not work correctly because the buttons slide at a rate different to the background (so you need to specify different starting points in order to make buttons and background slide in unison). And the text from the list still overlays the sliding background when slide-off is started. :(

So, in summary my expectations are these:

(1) The sliding background can inherit from the action group.
    (2) The button group can inherit from the action group.
    (3) The button group cannot inherit from the sliding background.

But what do I know? :whistle:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I explained already that the "actiongroup" is different from the standard groups: "actiongroup" is the container for the buttons shown in a hidden menu. "actiongroup" itself only hosts the image (marker) showing that a hidden menu is available (the blue arrow in the middle left of the screen) as well as important properties such as the id of the first button in the button group, the ID of the control to return to when the actiongroup is closed (mainly ID 50 for a list) etc. Therefore "actiongroup" MUST NOT have any animation, because the marker image is static. and due to this reason also no animations may be inherited.
    Hope I explained it this time understandable.
    The background image for the button group should have the same animation like the button group itself to show a homogenious sliding.
    PLS NOTE: This image is not necessary - if a skinner decides to show his menus without background - that´s OK and even may have it´s own grace ;)
    The only "real" group is the buttons group holding all the menu buttons and an adequate animation. Again: animation is not necessary - leave it w/o animation and the menu will just pop up - another design possibility for skinners who want to design skins further the "normal" appearance ;)
    Hope I explained it clear enough today ;) No need to discuss this further and further and..... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom