[Announce] MPTvClient V1.2.5 (20.12.2007) II (4 Viewers)

strawberry

Portal Member
January 5, 2006
when you get "The settings are invalid" the client doesn't even try to start communications to the server (your server connection and gentle.config are not the problem then).
You first need to resolve this, i would suggest you install VLC and point to it in the "external player" settings of the client.
After that you should not receive the "invalid settings" message anymore, perhaps you get a "server brocken", that is to be fixed by setting the server connection and configuring gentle.config for the right SQL-server

regards

Strawberry

Cannot get it working.

Alwas recieve: "The settings are invalid."

When hitting connect.

My Mediaportal machine is HTPC1, this is what I typed in as host.

I checked under ODBC datasources under control panel that I am able to build a connection to that MP server, so from a network and server connection kind this looks ok.

Must be the local side.

I looked at gentle.config.

SQLServer is uncommented as provider..

Defaultprovider: Here I uncommented the following line:
"<DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=htpc;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=TvLibrary;Data Source=;" />

My password is htpc and the user id sa. So everything seems right here too?!

Can anyone help me?

mpfrank

Portal Pro
November 6, 2006
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
MPTvClient for other platforms than windows (Linux, Mac OS X,..)

Hi guys,

after copying the missing sqldata.dll file this client works great!!
:D

Is it possible to port this thin MP client for other platforms like Linux, Mac OS X,...?
Managing the stream with vlc should not be a big problem as vlc is available for various os platforms.
Did anybody test it with mono (.net emulation for Linux)?

It would be great to use the MP TVServer with other os platforms too.

Regards
mpFrank

mpfrank

Portal Pro
November 6, 2006
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
Did anybody tried to use this client over WAN connection (Internet)?

I opened the ports in my firewall-wan-router (streaming TCP+UDP, mysql TCP) and used my wan ip to connect to the MP server but I was not successful.

I changed the server ip to the wan-ip in gentle.config and gui -> configuration too.

Did I forgot anything? In lan with local IP it works great, only with the internet-ip the connection always fails (Connection to server is broken)...

Any idea or help or experiences??

Thx
mpFrank

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
In theory this should work but I think you would need at least a 3meg upload from your server for it work. I use this across subnets at work and it works ok, but that's on a 100meg switched network.

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    gemx

When looking at your code I saw that it has all the necesary code to make an
    tray icon app that can show the status of the server, I tried changing the app so
    that it becomes a tray icon app, but being more a vb.net programmer I'm quite stuck (having the form frmMain being not shown and shown when clicking the tray icon)

Perhaps somebody that has some c# skills can give it a try? perhaps gemx?

EDIT: never mind, it appears that such an app already exists.

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    gemx

When looking at your code I saw that it has all the necesary code to make an
    tray icon app that can show the status of the server, I tried changing the app so
    that it becomes a tray icon app, but being more a vb.net programmer I'm quite stuck (having the form frmMain being not shown and shown when clicking the tray icon)

Perhaps somebody that has some c# skills can give it a try? perhaps gemx?

EDIT: never mind, it appears that such an app already exists.

Do you think it will be possible to change this application to run it on Mac OS X or Linux?
    VLC is available for both platforms.
    The only thing is how to change channels from the OS X or Linux client.
    Get the stream after timeshifting is started manually on server is no problem....
    :D
    mpFrank

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, porting the app to another os can't be done easily as the main class which utilizes the TvServer functions relies completely on .NET Remoting which i think isn't available on other plattforms. Maybe Mono supports it under Linux but i am not sure.

mpfrank

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2006
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, porting the app to another os can't be done easily as the main class which utilizes the TvServer functions relies completely on .NET Remoting which i think isn't available on other plattforms. Maybe Mono supports it under Linux but i am not sure.

Thanks gemx for your reply. I intented to run the TVClient executable under mono on Linux without success.
    Mono is available for all platforms like Linux, OS X,... but I can imagine that it'll take a lot of work to make your app running with mono.

Is it possible to control the TVServer via another api like web (like dbox with neutrino os)?

Cheers
    mpFrank

erikreier

Portal Member
    March 11, 2006
    Norway - Tromsø
    Sorry for veeery late response ( a year..)

Works for me over the WAN with these ports forwarded :

554 TCP (TV server)
    31456 TCP (TV server)
    6970-6999 UDP (TV server)
    1434 TCP (SQL Express 2005)

It turns out that TV server listens on two ports..
    So after forwarding the last port it worked.

(Using VLC as viewer) - will now give MP a try..
    Cheers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom