[Announce] MPTvClient V1.2.5 (20.12.2007) II (1 Viewer)

Nippywiffle

Portal Pro
May 16, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,
I got this working, and it's an excellent addition to MP.

A couple of questions though:

1. I got my list of TV channels to show, but the "recordings" tab is blank, as is the "radio" tab. I have a lot of recordings and 1 radio station set up, but none show. Is there something I can do to make them show up?

2. I tried streaming an HD channel. It started, but the video was messed up and the audio was just strange clicking noises. I don't really expect HD to work, but just wondered if anyone had made that work?

Thanks,
Dan

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
Hi,

1. I got my list of TV channels to show, but the "recordings" tab is blank, as is the "radio" tab. I have a lot of recordings and 1 radio station set up, but none show. Is there something I can do to make them show up?

2. I tried streaming an HD channel. It started, but the video was messed up and the audio was just strange clicking noises. I don't really expect HD to work, but just wondered if anyone had made that work?

Thanks,
Dan

1) Right click in the white space and say refresh and they'll all appear.

Yucca

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Myrskylä
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi,

Thanks,
Dan

1) Right click in the white space and say refresh and they'll all appear.

I also had the same problem, but now everything is working fine... Thanks guys... :)
I have one more question for U:
Can I start (or do a schedular) recording with this?

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
Works great for streaming over WAN when making vlc convert the stream, although I would like the parameters-field to actually work instead of crashing when entering parameters for streaming. But I can configure the streaming manually and it works.
Thank god for remote desktop hehe.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had this error when my firewall was blocking MPTVClient getting to TVServer.

Right, I deactivated portforwarding. After reactivating it I get a really big error popup though:

mptverror2.gif

Interesting thing is: "server=SRV4"... I never entered this into the gentle.config. This is the local DNS name of the TV-Server PC in my network. I entered the DynDNS address into gentle.config and even tried with the external IP. I am still getting the same error. I looked for an entry in "documents and settings" and in the registry but could not find anything. So where does the TV client take this name from ? Does it read the gentle.config after all ?

-level20peon

EDIT: I found the source of the "server=SRV4" entry. There is another gentle.config on the TV-Server's PC itself (!) in the "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\MediaPortal TV Server" folder. The TV-client doesn't work without it after all but there is no reference to this file in this thread. Am I missing something Oo ?

yardern

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    It is great!

MediaPortal in not stable on my computer.

And with this plugin I can watch TV using VLC. Thanks.

I tried with ZoomPlayer, Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player. Seem not working. Any one can confirm this?

:D

ph4r4o

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Works great for streaming over WAN when making vlc convert the stream, although I would like the parameters-field to actually work instead of crashing when entering parameters for streaming. But I can configure the streaming manually and it works.
    Thank god for remote desktop hehe.

Any solution for this problem? I only got the stream transcoded manually in vlc, would be a lot more confortable to set this directly in the parameters section in the TV-Client.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried with ZoomPlayer, Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player. Seem not working. Any one can confirm this?

I think VLC is the only player able to handle the multimedia stream of TV-Server. I tried MPC and WMP once (long time ago) without success.

-level20peon

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    +1 for ph4r4o's feature request. I use TVE alot over VPN through the internet. However, my upstream is too small to stream in full bandwidth. Now I use VNC to start timeshifting (via TVServer Config) on the server and start VLC on the server for transcoding. Afterward I start VLC on the client to watch TV.

Would be really great if I could just put the parameters for transcoding into TVClient and when I double click a channel there, the server starts streaming (as it does now), additionally VLC is started on the server with the mentioned parameters (this is the new part) and then VLC starts on the client to watch TV (again something already in).

Keep up the good work!

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom