[Announce] MPTvClient V1.2.5 (20.12.2007) II (2 Viewers)

agayton

Portal Member
January 7, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This app is great!
thanks gemx

This fixes a problem I have had in that some of the computers at the house are too old for MP.

One question: Is there a way to tell VLC to start with deinterlaced on? Every time I start up a new session it starts interlaced. I tried the preferences in VLC but they did not change things. I have to go in each time and set deinterlaced. (I am new to VLC and this client so I may have missed something simple)

Thanks,
ag

montango

Portal Member
December 21, 2007
Home Country
Romania Romania
Problem downloading MPTvClient

Hello,
I tried to deown load the file in the first post and when I try to open it (with Cam UnZip) I get the following error:
"This is the first disk in a backup. Please inser the second disk"
What should I do?

THanks in advance

strawberry

Portal Member
January 5, 2006
Hello,
I tried to deown load the file in the first post and when I try to open it (with Cam UnZip) I get the following error:
"This is the first disk in a backup. Please inser the second disk"
What should I do?

THanks in advance

Hi,

the rar is approximately 316Kb at the moment, I tested it for you and it's stil ok. So my guess is your unzipper doesn't understand Rar.
For a freeware unzipper that does you can try for instance http://www.7-zip.org/
I just tested 7zip for you with the rar and it works like a charm

regards

Strawberry

montango

Portal Member
December 21, 2007
Home Country
Romania Romania
You are right, with 7Zip it works fine. However, I don't think MPTvClient is what I need: I want to watch TV using the Terratec Cinergy 800e PVR USB card and record programs in AVI format. MPTv Client seems to need some server connection (EPG) which is not available here...

Thanks anyway

kosiko

Portal Member
December 20, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
This is an alternate solution for me that I don't need to install MP / MP SVN to my computers, this tiny client is great enough if I just need TV function. It works like charms.

PS. I have 16619 TVE3, when I use this client to switch channel, NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!! The MP SVN 16617 has problem when it switch channels. so, from this hint, I think the change channel / no video/audio deteced problem could be caused by the MP SVN not the TVE3 itself.

Thanks again!!:D

peter5_uk

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
I seem to have a problem with getting MPTV to work. I did have it working fine before but due to some kind of error in the database I reinstalled the tvserver, now when I run MPTV it loads all the channel list in but when I double click on the channel I want to watch the request is sent to the tvserver as it does start time shifting and I can view the created .ts file in a separate vlc player but in the one the MPTV opens nothing happens a vlc message box pops up and says Unable to open 'rtsp://htpc/stream6.0'

Some of the vlc messages are

live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp://htpc/stream6.0
main warning: no access_demux module matching "rtsp" could be loaded

access_file warning: htpc/stream6.0: No such file or directory

Is there something that I have missed.

thanks

3dcoder

Portal Member
April 11, 2007
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hi gemx!

This plugin is great, I use it to watch TV on my laptop which is underpowered to run MediaPortal itself and everything works really fast. External player is fine, especially when I can set VLC to start in full screen mode, that's true integration, I would say =)

I thought I could make a streaming server which uses VLC to transcode the stream into Windows media or something similar, so it could be viewed over Internet. I have some experience in Basic languages but I don't know how to call TvControl.dll. Is there any resource about the calls used to start timeshifting and change channel? I tried looking MediaPortal developer site but I didn't find anything.

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

since a few SVN's of TVE3 radio doesn't work with MPTVclient! Anyone else with this problem?

---------------------------

SOLVED!!

peep

Portal Pro
March 1, 2006
Finland
Home Country
Finland Finland
What dependencies/requirements are there for using this client? it's running just fine when trying it on the server, but fails with the same error as level20peon when trying to connect from the laptop (post #45 @ https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=211444&postcount=45)

No firewall blocking between the two, running on the same lan/subnet, running v1.2.5.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    3dcoder:
    You could have a look at the sources which are included.
    All functions regarding TVE3 are wrapped in ServerInterface.cs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom