Announcement: TV Recordings v0.2 (3 Viewers)

pkaul

Portal Pro
October 13, 2007
Hamburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo,

What do you mean exactly by "recursive schedules recordings"?

With recursive I mean for example programs that have to be recorded every week.

In the plugin I don't see the scheduled recordings.

MediaPortal's feature of "reoccuring" recordings (aka "series") isn't yet supported by TvRecordings. But this will be included in a future version of the plugin. Anyway I am wondering why the reoccuring schedules (which you have added by the Tv plugin?) aren't even displayed by TvRecordings. I have to check this.

pkaul

Portal Pro
October 13, 2007
Hamburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
TvRecordings 1.1 Alpha

Hello,

find attached a new version of TvRecordings which
  • Support for series ("reoccuring recordings")
  • Experimental support for videos: All videos from the video database are included in the list of recordings
  • Contains some minor GUI things (thanks to caribou for suggestions)
  • French translation (thanks to caribou again)

Please note that this is an ALPHA version which means that it isn't completely finished and and not tested properly. Therefore it might contain some larger bugs. Anyway I would be glad if there is somebody out there who helps testing and gives feedback.

Greeting
Peter

Attachments

• TvRecordings_1.1-alpha.mpi
    30.7 KB

frederic113

Portal Member
January 6, 2009
Hello your plugin is very convenient.

I have one comment though. The status button shows amount of disk space available for recording. Wouldn't it be also helpful to show the duration left for recording in hours and minutes?

Thanks

pkaul

Portal Pro
October 13, 2007
Hamburg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey,

Hello your plugin is very convenient.

I have one comment though. The status button shows amount of disk space available for recording. Wouldn't it be also helpful to show the duration left for recording in hours and minutes?

Thanks

yes, you are absolutely right, this would be great. Unfortunately I have no idea how to calculate (or even estimate the) remaining recording space for a given disk space. This is because the bytes per minute might vary dependending on the recording itself (e.g. a still life might have lower disk cost than a speed race).
In case that there is somebody who has a proper formula or algorithm for this I could include this.

Greeting
Peter

frederic113

Portal Member
January 6, 2009
Why don't you let us select the conversion rate. For instance, allow us to pick in advance 1MB=X minutes at configuration time. Then shows the time left in your plugin. This will of course not be very accurate but should help better than having only an amount of disk space available.

Thanks

caribou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2008
    Nantes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

I was really enjoying to use tvrecordings however, it seems that it causes freeze of MP.
    Everything is ok (use MP and TVrecordings) and suddenly (some hours or days passed) it is frozen.
    The only way to stop is to use task manager and kill the process.

There is nothing special in log than : Application Hang

Is someone got this behaviour ?

I know that it is from tvrecordings because it happens during using tvrecordings and now that I did not use for a couple of days, MP has never frozen...
    ?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hello,

find attached a new version of TvRecordings which
    • Support for series ("reoccuring recordings")
    • Experimental support for videos: All videos from the video database are included in the list of recordings
    • Contains some minor GUI things (thanks to caribou for suggestions)
    • French translation (thanks to caribou again)

Please note that this is an ALPHA version which means that it isn't completely finished and and not tested properly. Therefore it might contain some larger bugs. Anyway I would be glad if there is somebody out there who helps testing and gives feedback.

Greeting
    Peter

Hi, I am having problems to get it running - can you pls give me a hint what I am doing wrong? What does it mean "TVscheduler not available?
    I am using it on a client with the TV-server on another machine.
    Thanks, Guzzi

Log shows:

2009-01-08 13:53:20.364399 [Info.][MPMain]: xml:E:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Monochrome\TvRecordings.xml image id:1 width:0 height:0 gfx:-
    2009-01-08 13:53:20.520597 [Info.][MPMain]: TexturePacker: Loaded E:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache\Monochrome\packedgfx24.png texture:2048x2048 miplevels:1
    2009-01-08 13:53:20.536216 [Info.][MPMain]: TexturePacker: fontengine add texure:1995
    2009-01-08 13:53:20.551836 [Info.][MPMain]: No translation found for id 104673
    2009-01-08 13:53:20.551836 [Debug][MPMain]: Window: MediaPortal.GUI.TV.Recordings.TvRecordingsWindow init
    2009-01-08 13:53:20.567456 [Debug][MPMain]: Found assembly TvControl, Version=1.0.0.40158, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    2009-01-08 13:53:20.567456 [Debug][MPMain]: Found type TvControl.IController
    2009-01-08 13:53:20.567456 [Info.][MPMain]: Loaded settings for TvRecordings
    2009-01-08 13:53:20.567456 [Info.][MPMain]: TvServer is available
    2009-01-08 13:53:20.567456 [Info.][MPMain]: TvScheduler is NOT available
    2009-01-08 13:53:20.629935 [Info.][MPMain]: OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "System.Collections.IList TvDatabase.Recording.ListAll()".
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.TV.Recordings.Tv3Manager.GetRecorded()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.TV.Recordings.TvRecordingsWindow.UpdateRecordedModel()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.TV.Recordings.TvRecordingsWindow.UpdateModels()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.TV.Recordings.TvRecordingsWindow.OnPageLoad()
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    2009-01-08 13:53:22.598030 [Warn.][3]: Error reading recording channels
    2009-01-08 13:53:22.847947 [Debug][MPMain]: WindowManager: route MediaPortal.GUI.TV.Recordings.TvRecordingsWindow:4673->MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogOK:2002
    2009-01-08 13:53:22.847947 [Debug][MPMain]: DialogWindow: MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogOK init
    2009-01-08 13:53:23.894473 [Debug][MPMain]: WindowManager: unroute to MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogOK:2002->MediaPortal.GUI.TV.Recordings.TvRecordingsWindow:4673
    2009-01-08 13:53:23.894473 [Info.][MPMain]: No translation found for id 104673

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Paul,

I've started using TvRecordings 1.1 Alpha and find it works great. It certainly gives me a lot more functionality than the standard [manual] scheduler.
    Just one question. Is it possible to channel the default channel list which is presented when creating a new schedule?
    Currently, I receive the standard channel list and I would actually want to use my own specific "cut-down" channel list, called "MyTV".

FYI. I'm using MediaPortal 1.0 Final and TV Server.

Hope you can help.

Peter

pkaul

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi frederic113,

Why don't you let us select the conversion rate. For instance, allow us to pick in advance 1MB=X minutes at configuration time. Then shows the time left in your plugin. This will of course not be very accurate but should help better than having only an amount of disk space available.

yes, that might be an option. Another thing comes to my mind: All finished recordings could analyzed according to their size and length and an average value could be computed ... Anyway, I will keep this in mind.

Hi caribou

I know that it is from tvrecordings because it happens during using tvrecordings and now that I did not use for a couple of days, MP has never frozen...
    ?

Yesterday I also had the situation where MP was frozen but for a short time only (several seconds). This happended right after watching a recording. I have no idea why this has happended.
    Did this happen to your MP for a special function such as "watching recording" or "browsing the list" or is this random?

Hi Guzzi,

Hi, I am having problems to get it running - can you pls give me a hint what I am doing wrong? What does it mean "TVscheduler not available?
    Thanks, Guzzi

You can ignore the message according to the TVscheduler. Did you use MP with the right TvServer and TvPlugin version? If you are mixing the version up an error as the one in the logs might occur.

Hi Pletskop

Hi Paul,
    I've started using TvRecordings 1.1 Alpha and find it works great. It certainly gives me a lot more functionality than the standard [manual] scheduler.
    Just one question. Is it possible to channel the default channel list which is presented when creating a new schedule?
    Currently, I receive the standard channel list and I would actually want to use my own specific "cut-down" channel list, called "MyTV".

I think this would be possible and I will try to implement this. You have to be a bit patient since I don't know when I will find the time to do this.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Guzzi,

Thanks, Guzzi

You can ignore the message according to the TVscheduler. Did you use MP with the right TvServer and TvPlugin version? If you are mixing the version up an error as the one in the logs might occur.

Hi, I am using Last SVN from 7.1.2009 - checked on both Server and Client. Is TVrecordings supporting the SVN or just 1.0 final from december? Do I have to go back to 1.0?

Thanks, Guzzi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom