Announcement (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi Everyone, new to the community and want to help out (only for my own selfish reasons however)

I am an experienced C#/VB.NET/C++ programmer with DirectShow/DirectX/GDI+ etc experience.

Short term I intend to do the following todo tasks (provided no one else is on them)

Recorder:
- recoding recordings to divx, mpeg,... or .dvr-ms -> .mpeg

new plugins:
- my files
- my TV-series
- system info / free HD space , memory usedd, temperature,...plugin
- remote wonder plugin for media portal (this is not a media portal plugin, but a plugin for the remote wonder software that comes with AIW cards - Damnit I need it!)

Long Term I am hoping to address the following areas

- Security Camera Capture and motion detection (c++ directshow filter)
- HomeControl (I need more kit for this)

If any of you guys need any help in the above areas let me know.

I gotta say guys it's a nice bit of software you have worked hard on it well done. Could you imagine media portal beating every paid for bit of htpc software? and it's open source? how cool is that.

Anyway for my 2 cents, I would rather have something that may be a little rough arounds the edges and open source so I can tinker than any other software I could get.

Thanks Guys and keep up the good work.

P.S. Anyone know anywhere that I can buy usb ir emitters for controlling my sky+ box? (uk digitial satellite) or any other home device for that matter. I would have no objects to writing a plugin to work with it.

A

Anonymous

OB2 said:
I am an experienced C#/VB.NET/C++ programmer with DirectShow/DirectX/GDI+ etc experience.

Short term I intend to do the following todo tasks ...

Great welcome on board. All help is really appreciated.

When you start on the first thing (whichever that is), maybe you could add it to this sticky:

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1387

and maybe jump onto irc and quickly touch base with frodo who is the lead developer. He might be able to help/point you in the best direction:

http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=375

Always great to hear from new enthusiastic developers.

EDIT P.S. What capture card do you have? I'm always on the lookout for someone with your skills to improve support for software based cards. :wink:

A

Anonymous

Well funnily enough I have a Radeon 9800 AIW with no room for a hardware card. I hear people are having problems with these cards and mediaportal.

I was thinking of doing a dedicated AIW graph builder class to resolve these problems.

I will talk to frodo when I can regarding this.

A

Anonymous

OB2 said:
Well funnily enough I have a Radeon 9800 AIW with no room for a hardware card. I hear people are having problems with these cards and mediaportal.

I was thinking of doing a dedicated AIW graph builder class to resolve these problems.

I will talk to frodo when I can regarding this.

You have just made my night with this :!:

Let me know if I can help at all. Woooooooo :D

A

Anonymous

OB2,

u are a godsend. can u describe what my tv-series would do? would it be similar to meedios tv on demand plugin? thanks. i have a tone of tv series and is main reason to use software like media portal.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    P.S. Anyone know anywhere that I can buy usb ir emitters for controlling my sky+ box? (uk digitial satellite) or any other home device for that matter. I would have no objects to writing a plugin to work with it.

There is a three day turn-around here for the USB-UIRT...

http://www.usbuirt.com/order.htm

It is already supported in MP :wink:

DMAN.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Dman I have ordered one already, great :)

I really don't know how the various AIW cards vary as I only have the 9800 AIW.

You guys could really help me in building stable AIW Capture support in mediaportal by obtaining screenshots of graphedit while media portal is in capture mode.

The majority of applications dont register the graph, if you know of one that does and works with your AIW then graphedit captures from that would be very helpfull.

I am starting to look at the issue tonight and will let you know by saturday how I am getting on.

Guys I will also add a note re: AIW TV Capture Support in the hardware forums

A

Anonymous

jarod71

My TV Series is likely to use much of the existing functionality of media portal where possible.

I have no experience of meedio etc so here is how I see it working:

Scenario A:

The program is on at a regular time everyweek.

The TV Series plugin via the UI creates a reoccuring scheduled recording
    and records the series to dedicated folder

Scenario B:
    The TV Series plugin checks the TV guide on a regular basis to obtain episodes it does not yet have (I really don't know how reliable the data is for identifying individual episodes so we shall have to see)

Comments and suggestions are welcome

NOTE: I will be working on AIW Capture support first so this is not a priority sorry ( I own an AIW)

A

Anonymous

i seewhat meedio's plugin does is obtain episode synopsis info for each episode of a series from tvtome.com. this way when u veiw a series in afolder, each episode gives u a description of what the episode is about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom