ANTEC Fusion micro 350 - LCD Display (1 Viewer)

digitalfm

Portal Pro
February 4, 2008
Hi,

Last year I built an Antec Fusion with VFD, converted my Harmony 525 to an MCE remote, and mapped all Media Portal buttons in Imon. It works perfectly, so before you read on please note I do know how to set these things up.

I have now bought an Antec Fusion Micro with LCD screen. I hate it!!! Compared to the VFD it's a nightmare. The imon remote you get has to point directly at the receiver to work. I've set the Imon software to MCE remote and mapped the usual buttons and with minidisplay off it works perfectly. With minidisplay switched on, the Imon software refuses to accept the MCE commands when you fire up Media portal.

Looks like there's only a few combinations to choose for this case:

1) LCD working with Minidisplay using the Imon remote (but the remote is poo!)
2) LCD working with Minidisplay and Imon set to MCE remote, but MCE remote stops working when Mediaportal fires up. (not really an option)
3) MCE Remote works perfectly with Mediaportal if Minidisplay is disabled. (My chosen option as the benefits of having a decent remote out way the use of the LCD screen)

FYI, I'm using the latest soundgraph drivers.

My question is a simple one, has anyone managed to get the LCD working in Mediaportal using an MCE remote. Remember this is the Antec LCD only. My Antec VFD works great.

Alternatively does anyone know if the VFD can fit in the place of the LCD in the Antec Fusion Micro case. Not a direct fit I know but maybe with some hot glue? Does anyone sell the VFD OEM display by it's self?

Thanks

digitalfm

Portal Pro
February 4, 2008
Ok, I've done some further testing.

When Minidisplay runs and and subsequently stops the MCE remote working, the MCE remote can be reset by changing the remote back to Imon mini, and then back to MCE remote in imon manager. The MCEremote then responds again. This also works within Mediaportal if you simple alt and tab back into imon manager and do the same thing. Alt and tab back into mediaportal and everything works!!

Obviously this isn't a workable solution but does prove a couple of things:

1) Minidisplay and Imon MCE commands can co-exist and work.
2) Minidisplay must be interupting the MCE commands in Imon when it launches. Once launched, if the imon settings are reset everything works again.

Can any of the developers help here as to what is happening when mini display launches to cause this?

waskol

Portal Pro
October 16, 2008
Home Country
France France
Very interesting and important post we have there !

Many of all of us have been looking for a solution to this issue !
Nice, thank you :D

I will try ASAP ;)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok, I've done some further testing.

When Minidisplay runs and and subsequently stops the MCE remote working, the MCE remote can be reset by changing the remote back to Imon mini, and then back to MCE remote in imon manager. The MCEremote then responds again. This also works within Mediaportal if you simple alt and tab back into imon manager and do the same thing. Alt and tab back into mediaportal and everything works!!

Obviously this isn't a workable solution but does prove a couple of things:

1) Minidisplay and Imon MCE commands can co-exist and work.
    2) Minidisplay must be interupting the MCE commands in Imon when it launches. Once launched, if the imon settings are reset everything works again.

Can any of the developers help here as to what is happening when mini display launches to cause this?

firmware version ? LCD or VFD ?

As a reference, I have a Harmony 555 setup as MCE remote and MiniDisplay to control my iMon VFD 0x80 firmware.
    I have IRSS and no iMon running and all is fine :)

Simone

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Helle again ;)

OEM or PC case Manufacturer and Case model : Antec Micro Fusion 350
    MediaPortal Version : Same beahaviour and proposed solution for 1.0.0.0 RC3, RC4 and 1.0.0.0 final.
    Cyberdisplay/Minidisplay version :CybrDisplay 05_08_2008 for RC3, Minidisplay plugin enabled otherelse.
    Operating System : XP Pro SP3
    Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (AMD 780G chipset)
    Imon Display Model : iMON OEM (LCD)
    Connection kind :USB 2.0
    OEM Type : Type A
    Firmware : 0x3801
    IMon Manager Version : 7.40.806
    Remote Controller : Logitech Harmony 555 used as a iMon Pad remote controller

Just like in the solution database ( 1st post ) :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-imon-vfd-lcd-remote-solution-database-48691/

:D

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Chemelli,

There is something to do in the code of Minidisplay for that (use MCE remote)
    It was working perfectly with the External Display plugin in MP RC1.
    There's no reason it should not work in Minidisplay.

digitalfm

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Waskol,

Are you saying this worked with the old External display plugin? I have tried both but get the same issue. Which version of the external display plugin did you have it working on?

Thanks

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    It was in Oct 2008, when I first built up my HTPC, I cannot remember wich version was there. :confused:
    I think it was in MP 1.0.0.0 RC1 but I am not sure, damned.

But, but, but : If I remember well I had the Frontview working in Automatic at the same time than external display !
    So, sometime I had a few things coming from MP showing on the VFD, sometimes (but no often) it was coming from the iMon Manager.
    :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom