Antec Fusion Micro iMON not working (1 Viewer)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hi!
I'm having just problems with my Soundgraph LCD, never again. Anyway, I upgraded to the latest iMon software version, and running MP 1.9.0 and just doesn't want to work. I cannot post logs now, but I have a question.
Before with iMON 7.xxx versions, I disabled iMon manager at srartup and everything worked fine, although I assume that logs did show many errors and it might be related to the stability of the system.
I don't use iMON Manager at all, I'm using an external IR receiver for MCE remote with IRSS. With the new version of 8.x driver I should be running iMON manager? And what settings I need in iMON manager?
Thanks!

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    I don't know for sure if you need to have the iMon manager running, but it's running on my system (MP 1.9, Antec Fusion Remote), and MiniDisply is working fine. I can't tell you versions or settings until I get home though, but I'll take a look if it might help. I assume the setup for the Fusion Micro is similar to the Fusion Remote.

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Thanks for your help! I didn't have too much time, but I tried with iMON running, not working. If I disable iMON Manager, then I can not click OK in Minidisplay's plugin configuration. But when iMON is running, I can click OK, but display is not working. It was more or less working with iMON version 7.x and older Soundgraph plugin. But there I had problems like display freezing, not initializing after resume from standby, etc. I suspect that minidisplay was a cause of problems for me in MP stability when resuming from standby.
    According to the logs, the LCD2xxx.dll or what is causing some problems. I disabled minidisplay now, will see if there are any stability improvements in MP overall.

BTW, this LCD is not of much quality and use, it is rather just causing problems and using power:) Even my 25 years old VCR had a nicer and more readable and informative display:)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @gurabli ,

You may want to consider installing MePo 1.9.0. In this version a new Imon Manager plugin has been included, which is working with newer Imon software versions. For vesions before 1.8.0 you need to patch some files of MediaPortal.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, your sys specs still show 1.8... Can you post a screenshot of the Imon driver selection screen in the MiniDisplay configuration screen? What is the name fo the entry that you have chosen there?

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Sorry, didn't updated sys specs yet.
    I will do so from home, now at work. There are two types of drivers, one the older one (which worked more or less for me with imon v7.x, and the new one with >8 xx version).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No problem. :) This excludes the most obvious source of the problem. The new driver has been confirmed in several tests that it is working with the Antec hardware. You probably should upload a mediaportal.log (debug mode) to verify if the correct MiniDisplay plugin version is loaded and/or if other issues are logged. If I remember correctly the missing LCD2USB.dll is not a problem and the message can be ignored.

@Stéphane Lenclud , any idea what could be wrong here?

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I will provide logs from home. Should I enable extensive logging in Minidisplay setup for debug mode?

LCD2USB.dll was in plugin process folder, I have removed the dll and the error in log dissapeared, but Minidisplay still not working. Anyway, we might be smarter with the logs.

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    With my system, I'm using iMON Manager 8.12.1202, I think the only setting I had to change after installing was in Option->Plug-in Mode, check "Use display plug-in mode", do you have that checked?

In MP config, I have "Soundgraph display for iMON manager >= 8.01.0419" selected inMiniDisplay config, I don't think I changed any other settings there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom