Antec Fusion v2 IR - How to use w/MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Lucifer

Portal Member
February 10, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I choose antec -> fusion v2 as media center pc in the harmony configuration tool. You will get all mce buttons. For BACK to work, edit buttons in harmony config tool. Select EXIT and attach the BACK MCE remote command to it. then in imon manager, assign Esc to BACK remote command. If you press EXIT on your harmony now you will go one window back.
I attached menu on the remote to "MORE" mce command. then in imon i attached 'S' to "MORE", this will open the context menu in a window when pressing menu on the remote.

I made 1 extra buttons page on the harmony where i map the my video, my radio, my pictures buttons, which are then mapped to a shift ctrl key pattern, which are mapped using shortcutter plugin to open the pictures, radio and video pages in media portal.

Always think in 4 steps
Harmony button -> MCE command -> imon keyboard shortcut -> media portal (standard key or shortcutter plugin)

PingviN

Portal Member
August 27, 2009
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
You may call me stupid, but here it is:

How do I set up the remote to emulate a MCE Remote? I have been trying, and trying all day now, but I just don't get it. When adding a device, I figured I should add a Computer -> HTPC with Antec as manufacturer and Antec Fusion Remote as model nr, but how do I tell the remote it's a MCE Remote?

Lucifer

Portal Member
February 10, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
There are a lot of devices setup in the harmony control software. I used this one which is setup as an mce remote:

Add a computer -> Media Center PC -> Antec -> model = Antec Fusion V2

this one has most (or all) of the normal MCE remote buttons configured. I then customized them:

set harmony remote EXIT button as MCE BACK command

Added an additional page with:
Power = Powerbutton
Videos = MyVideos

PingviN

Portal Member
August 27, 2009
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Got it (sortof) working. The upp/down/side-arrows on the remote, however, controls the mouse pointer. I'd really like them to be the keyboard up/down-arrows. Can't find them in the Customize Buttons-window. Nor can I find "Enter" (which I would like to map to "Ok").

Really appreciate the help :)

EDIT:

I'm going to cry, for real. I have spent hours upon hours to get the damn remote working, but it just won't do. I have tried adding about 15 deviced with different configurations, still the up/down/side-arrows insists on controlling the mouse.

Lucifer

Portal Member
February 10, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
hmm, as I said keep thinking in 4 steps
Harmony button -> MCE command -> imon keyboard shortcut -> media portal (standard key or shortcutter plugin)

1. Harmony Remote:
- Open Harmony Remote Software
- Add device: add computer -> Media Center PC -> Antec -> fill in Antec Fusion V2
- Select your newdevice in the "devices" tab. Then do "customize commands" (or "customize buttons", donno how it is called)
- You will enter the main buttons configuration page.
- here you set the EXIT key (on the remote) to be a MCE "BACK" button
- check the others and change as you please (arrow keys are also down there somewhere)
- CLick the "custom" or "additional" tab on the right top corner of your window.
- Here you can modify custom "pages" on your harmony remote. I added the "MyWhatever" buttons to it.
- SAve settings and update your remote

2.Open Imon manager
- Set manager to be MCE remote
- Click on Windows commands, there is akey set for launching imon QuickLaunch, remote it
- Click on Mouse commands (check your setting there, normally this is empty i think, it was with me...)
- Click on Program commands, add new program, enter "mediaportal"
- Add keyboard shortcuts to the available MCE commands. The shortcuts need to be the same as MediaPortal handles them, so check out the MediaPortal keyboard shortcuts and map them to the appropriate MCE Command.
- For special buttons such as MyVideo, ... add shit + ctrl + key combinations

3. Open shortcutter plugin
- check shift and ctrl flags
- set the same key as you have set in imon. For example MyMusc was shift+ctrl+m in imon, so put m in shortcutter for the music page

In step 2 i have set imon frontview to load always.
In minidisplay i have set "start frontview on exit" and restart on driver load or something like that. This allows me to have the vfd to show date and time when pc is of, and mediaportal stuff when mediaportal is running. The only issue I have is that because the driver is restarted, the mediaportal screen does not get initial focus. I have to click the mouse (active mediaportal) before my remote works. To get arround this, I mapped the "SHARP" MCE Command ( '# enter' button on harmony remote) to be a left mouseclick. So when mediaportal starts I press # and my remote works as it should.

PingviN

Portal Member
August 27, 2009
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Really appriciate the extensive help, but that didnt work either :confused:

What I did different was selecting a Device as Soundgraph -> Imon -> iMon (Media Center Remote). This is what the harmony software recommended. I also tried Fusion V2, but that was also a dead end. Neither iMon nor Antec Fusion V2 did anything, the remote couldnt communicate with Mediaportal. I've been trying for 6 hours, now I am crying :*(

EDIT: Success! Turned out that my configuration for Mini Display turned the IR reciever off. I chose to disable Mini Display and now it works like it should. Thanks for the help Lucifer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom