Any MediaPortal 1.0 Problems? (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
We did a bit of testing with an internal build of 1.0 a few days before release and we didn't see any compatibility problems arise between MediaPortal 1.0 and Moving Pictures, but we would still love your feedback about how Moving Pictures is working for you after the big upgrade. Anyone notice any problems? Odd behavior? Anything unexpected?

I don't want this to turn into a general bug report thread so lets try to keep things related to the 1.0 release. For anything else refer to this guide for bug reporting.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When moving from RC4 -> MP 1.0 I backed up my database and just thought I could re-download all covers + backdrops. But I can't seem to get all the backdrops (mostly non-english films) even though they are available online in themoviedb database.

If I do the "update artwork from online" from the context menu, I don't get any new artwork. I have the logs attached here. Will move my current database and do an all new scan and see if the backdrops appear.

Emph

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi fforde!

For me it works like a charme, also with MP 1.0. No problem so far ... :D

... to emphatic ...
    Did you backup your movingpictures database and also the thumb folders (where all the grabbed files are stored)?

maybe this is your problem

cu

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No, unfortunately I did not backup my thumb folder. :( It was late at night. I was sleepy. (insert more lame excuses here). :D

Emph

TCB

December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi fforde!

For me it works like a charme, also with MP 1.0. No problem so far ... :D

... to emphatic ...
    Did you backup your movingpictures database and also the thumb folders (where all the grabbed files are stored)?

maybe this is your problem

cu

What skin do you use with 1.0?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I haven't looked at my logs myself, so I don't know what the issue is, but I don't feel a lot of Christmas spirit coming from the movie importer right now. Almost everytime I try to update something from within the GUI in MediaPortal the plugin hangs when I return to the movielist or while attempting to return to it. So i close MediaPortal and restart it. And everytime I do/get the import-hang -> restart thing I get an instant hang of the plugin when I enter it on the next restart of MediaPortal. It's like it's not completely shut down or something. So then I have to restart MediaPortal once more. I've done this about 5 times this latest 20 minutes or so (checking and updating while browsing the list).

I'm about to go to bed now, so I won't do any logs. Not that I in any way expect work to be done on the plugin during the holidays, do enjoy them! :D
    Emph

nmt1978

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2008
    i did a clean installation, and when start Moving pictures, it say there is problem in loading skin file, it seem that it can not load the configuration.xml for moving pictures, please help

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    there is no skinfile "configuration.xml" for moving pictures...
    Thereby I am not saying there is no configuration.xml at all, just not for moving pictures, so I'm guessing your problem has to do with MediaPortal in general.
    When and where are you receiving this message?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom