Any special to thinkin of when installing MO 0.2.0 RC2 ? (1 Viewer)

spyse

June 4, 2005
Hi i now use mp 0.1.3 and planing to install mp 0.2.0 just to be able to use the amazing x-mas skin, now i would like to know if there is anyting speciel i have to think of when i install/upgrade.

Yes i do have searched the forum but can't find anyting.

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi spyse, welcome to the forum.

Upgrade like this:
1. Uninstall MP 0.1.3.0
2. Install .NET Framework 2.0
3. Wait for MP 0.2.0.0 RC2 :)
4. Install MP 0.2.0.0 RC2

That should work so far. Most of your settings should be used in the new version. You should make a copy the 0.1.3.0 folder or zip that folder. Then you don't have problems to downgrade if you wish to.

If you don't want to wait for RC2 you can also try RC1 with latest CVS. Have a look at team-mediaportal.de how to intall.

tklon

Portal Pro
September 3, 2004
Germany
Home Country
Germany Germany
chili said:
I would definately NOT go with a CVS update (at the very least My Weather is broken) ...

myWeather is working with mediaportal-cvs-12-13-2005--23-02 for me. I also have anonymous cvs on another system and there myWeather is also ok.

chili said:
... and you don't need .net 2 for RC1.

In the heading spyse wrote about RC2. That's why I wrote No. 3 in the list.

To install RC2 you will need .NET2. To install RC1 you don't, you only need .NET2 if you copy the latest CVS builds to RC1. I know. Sorry.

talos

Portal Pro
August 24, 2004
UK
Here's what you do:

1. Backup up your TV settings if you need to in the Configuration program (Television->TV Channels then click the Backup button and save the file somewhere safe like My Documents).
2. Make a backup copy of the MediaPortal directory (should be c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal) - i.e. just copy that whole MediaPortal directory somewhere safe.
3. Uninstall your current version (don't worry - you have it backed up)
4. Install RC1
5. Restore your Television settings in the Configuration program (Television->TV Channels then click the Restore button).
6. Install the Xmas theme (it's great).

If it all goes wrong, you can easily revert to your previous version by uninstalling RC1 completely, reinstall your previous version, then copy your backed up directory over the install, copying over all files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom