Any way to hide the taskbar icon? (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. Easy to hide it from the system tray. (answer already posted above)

2. MP will of course hide to systray when you close it, if you enable the option in MP General settings (close to system tray), this means you can still play music, but wont work with video

3. i have no idea how to hide MP from the taskbar while it is still open, i'm not sure if that is even possible.

mediortal

Portal Member
    July 28, 2009
    1. Easy to hide it from the system tray. (answer already posted above)

You mean the fake hiding with the little arrow allowing to show it again?
    If so, this is not really a "true" hiding, as its still there, even a baby will press that arrow :p ( no, really, every child presses that right away :D)

fanoI

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2006
    I've searched for all the web I've found freeware (that ask to PAY to work for REAL :eek:), shareware (15/29$ to hide a taskbar button?) and crapware (they hided the icon, but Mediaportal too :D) so... I've written this little app in an afternoon... I should sell it for 49.99$ but I choose to share it with you for FREE :D

It's a very simple thing no gui, no complicated configuration, no taskbar button (will be ironic, hide Mediaportal and then have HideTaskbar icon :rolleyes:), no tray icon, no s*it written on registry :mad:... simply works...

1. Extract archive where you want
    2. double click on the shortcut Windows SHOULD re-point it to the exe in the same dir (if not work right click on properties and change yourself leave MediaPortal.exe as argument!) and then execute the app...
    3. You don't see nothing when it is running so control on the Task Manager, you should see a HideTaskBar istance
    4. Restart Mediaportal and the (unuseful) taskbar button SHOULD disappear forever!
    5. To make it autorun put the link in Start/Program/Startup/
    6. Reboot the machine... HideTaskbar start and when Mediaportal start its taskbar button will disappear

The application is generic and can hide the taskbar of all program you want simply call it in a "DOS" prompt as is "HideTaskBar.exe application.exe" (or create a link as I've do for Mediaportal)... tested hiding Filezilla taskbar and worked!
    I don't think 2 istances can work togheter... test it and let me know if it works...

I hope this is useful for some one other :D
    http://www.4shared.com/file/FLSgWL5w/HideTaskbar.html

fanoI

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok i know in Win 7 u can do that easily

i dunno about XP tho sorry

in Win 7, once an app icon is minimised to system tray, u can set in "Control Panel" -> "Notification Area Icons" for the icon to display next to the clock or hide in a clickable extension to the systray that lookcs like an up arrow " ^ " where u can access all of the systray icons

i have my network and sound icon "show icon and notifications" and virtualclonedrive "hide icon and notifications" and the other settings is "only show notifications"

like i say its in Win 7 but i havnt had XP for like 5 years so i cant remember (lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom