Anyone having problems logging to follw.it? (1 Viewer)

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
London
Logging on the website and it's not showing my owned/watched information for TV or movies, when I try to log in using MPTVSeries or Moving Pictures, it just errors out.

Is follw.it done for? If so is there an alternative to how follw.it works and backs up my watched count to an online system, as I watch?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Follw.it is indeed having issues on showing user pages, but it is still keeping track of added/watched movies for me (bottom right side, under "Last Added" + "Last Watched" when showing main user page).

When logged in the stream shows fine for friends/my activity.

As far as alternative goes, you can use the Trakt plugin concurrently. It might already be installed as it comes bundled with MP-TVSeries, but you will have to configure it.

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    Logged into the website this morning and it's showing my watched/owned information again for both movies and tv shows

Just signed up to trakt, have the plugin installed and logged in as me, can't find an obvious way on how to actually sync it!

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It's automatic presuming you have enabled movingpictures in trakt configuration/settings. It happens in the background when you start mediaportal.

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    It's automatic presuming you have enabled movingpictures in trakt configuration/settings. It happens in the background when you start mediaportal.
    Fantastic, thanks. Do I need to be in the specific plugin for it to start picking up the information, eg, have to be in Moving Pictures for the movies to start showing up?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Fantastic, thanks. Do I need to be in the specific plugin for it to start picking up the information, eg, have to be in Moving Pictures for the movies to start showing up?
    Nope, you can be in any plugin.

fyi you can view your own or friends watched history from the GUI on supported skins along with many other cool features. Keep in mind watched history refers to scrobbling (i.e. things you start watching from the first time you joined trakt) and not the back fill of historical items already watched in your database. The playcount for your watched movies will also sync back so if you have watched the movie 10 times when linked to trakt and then clear the database or sync on another machine less than 10 times it will sync back a playcount of 10.

Note: you can also troubleshoot any issues by looking in the traktplugin log file in the standard logs directory. You can see on startup that it syncs all enabled plugins, it will do periodic syncs based on setting defined.

Last edited:

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    Watched a movie yesterday so have Mediaportal on and totally forgot about checking at the time. It seems to have picked up on the historical tv shows (and movies but to a lesser extent) that I've watched and that is set in the plugin, for example, I know I haven't watched 9 seasons of 24 since I signed up yesterday!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It should pick up tvshows watched in the past with ease, depending on what version of trakt / tvseries plugin you are using it would of used the last played date from the tvseries database if it was set. This gives you a good historical view even for new syncs depending on data locally available including movies. If it can't get the last watched date from the database for whatever reason then it will just use the current date.

Last edited:

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    I'm more concerned with using these types of services not for when it was watched, but rather what was watched, so either way, having both running seems good for me.

Thanks for all the help in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom