Anyone here brave enough to integrate comskip into MP? (1 Viewer)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I think this has been talked about here before, but I would like to open it up again. I was searching around the forums and found a post about setting the forward skip to 3 minutes with 1 press of the button. I thought, he wants to be able to skip commercials quickly. And then I remembered some of the "Other" products were using programs to skip commercials. The name of the program is Comskip and it is open source. I also noticed that GBPVR has integrated this into their product. Why can't we do the same? Here is a link to the Open Source Project

I am hoping someone will take a look at this and possibly in the future see something like this in MP!

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Ive already been talking to the comskip developer and am trying to get the new transport stream recording format added. We can then go about processing the files reasonably simple. Reading back the data will take a bit of effort but we should eventually get there. Bare in mind comskip does use some cpu cycles (1 hour show too 10 mins to process on a 2600+ at full load, so we will have to work out how to implement the processing in a more load friendly manner).

Also until analogue cards are moved to the TS engine as well, it will only work with DVB cards. This is because comskip will never support dvr-ms files because they are DRM files.

civikdude

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2005
    U.S.A.
    Callifo said:
    Also until analogue cards are moved to the TS engine as well, it will only work with DVB cards. This is because comskip will never support dvr-ms files because they are DRM files.

So this means that I would not be able to run comskip on a .dvr-ms file created by my Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE card? I tried it once without much luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom