Apollo for Mediaportal 1 (2 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Its not in quick settings its in settings/gui/skin as its more of a set and forget option.

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Its not in quick settings its in settings/gui/skin as its more of a set and forget option.

Yeah, just saw that. So it's categorized as a "theme" and not really a setting I see. Well, it looks wonderful on moving pictures! Now if only we could also get a version that supports TV series, that would be amazing...
    Thank you so much for all your hard work!

EDIT: I just saw your comment in the mods section which addresses everything I wrote... So great! I can't wait for the next version...

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Lol maybe you should read the last few posts back version 1.0.0.5 was released today which adds those settings no theme anymore.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Installed this skin today and it looks impressive. Really like the settings menu to quickly alter the home menu and other settings like button naming.

I do have some proposals to improve this skin:

• When I press on live TV on the main tab, I go directly to the tv guide. It would be more intuitive to go to live tv immediately imo.
    • The colour difference between watched and unwatched is confusing. The unwatched movies are a bit greyish. The watched movies 'pop' out more then the unwatched, because of the blue coulour. Maybe reverse the colours or use other colours?
    • When selecting the movie I go to the movie details. 'Play''and 'Trailers' need more 'pop' to let them be more visible to the user. There is a lot of text and the selection box is easy to miss.
    • When I press the info button while playing a movie, the buttons to adjust audio, subs etc. are quite small. Even on my 55 inch TV. Maybe raise the size.
    • When I jump back and forth through a movie, with the left, right, up and down buttons, the total time left isn't displayed. Also maybe add an option to change time left to actual time and end time.
    • Maybe add some fanart in the background but subtle.
    • Add an indicator for the 'left' menu.More user friendly
    Keep up the good work!!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    we rarely go to Live TV directly.... always to a sub directory (in aMPed) that gives us a choice between TV Series and Guide and Recorded TV... Live TV is almost always started from Guide, and channel changes also from Guide, not the channel up/down button. Also, the mini guide isn't used at all in practice.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    we rarely go to Live TV directly.... always to a sub directory (in aMPed) that gives us a choice between TV Series and Guide and Recorded TV... Live TV is almost always started from Guide, and channel changes also from Guide, not the channel up/down button. Also, the mini guide isn't used at all in practice.
    I agree with everything he said, but that is just me :)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    most often, We go to Recordings... just because we hardly ever watch a program "LIVE"... so we can skip the commercials of shows we have previously selected to watch, and recorded through most of it already.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    *tsk, tsk* I was with you, but you went too far. I don't record.
    LMAO

Bigmaxy

Portal Member
    April 25, 2005
    Installed this skin today and it looks impressive. Really like the settings menu to quickly alter the home menu and other settings like button naming.

I do have some proposals to improve this skin:
    • The colour difference between watched and unwatched is confusing. The unwatched movies are a bit greyish. The watched movies 'pop' out more then the unwatched, because of the blue coulour. Maybe reverse the colours or use other colours?
    This skin is just about perfect for my uses. Huge thanks to wizard123.

The only request I would have would be the same as above, the ability to choose to reverse the watched/unwatched colors. I understand it is not for everyone and appreciate it may not be easy. If it could be considered for a future feature request that would be awesome. Cheers.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm not sure why you are focusing on the colors of watched/unwatched in lists they are only there for legacy purposes the red tab is visible if items are unwatched and you also have filters available to view unwatched items etc how many ways do you need to get the same info ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom