Apollo for Mediaportal 1 (3 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Wizard,

can you point me to the online location of these file(s)? I will try to add them to TITANIUS aswell..
    Attached to the jira issue
    issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4342

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Am I the only person in MP-land that still uses the mvCentral plugin?

The Apollo skin looks interesting, but I probably won't download it because there's no apparent support for mvCentral :(

Thanks to support work by Trevor, mvCentral version 1.0.7.458 still works great with MP 1.11.0 using the StreamedMP skin.
    Plus if you do want mvcentral support you need to supply a working link to the latest working version and your mvcentral database as i don't use it.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here are my notes (in case you would like to hear them, if not ignore - remember this is just my opinion):

Pros -
    • Looks awesome
    • Easy UI
    • Clean

Cons -
    • No support for mvCentral (showstopper)
      No support for Pandora (showstopper)
    • No settings retention (showstopper) (eg. I tell TVSeries that when I launch it to use the "Genre" view as I have over 175 different TV shows, one master list is too much, yet once I leave TV series and go back, I have to tell it again each time to use the Genre View)
    • Playback display: (showstopper) While I like the white bar for playback and volume controls, I need to see a toal time/time left/time into playback. The numbers gives valuable info to me in my watching experience. It says 30 secs, 1 minute, 5 minutes etc when skipping, but need to playback remaining and playback time in total.
    • Unwatched flag is present during views like "Genre" in TVSeries. It just hangs out there, no cover image to show. Use dummy image or actual images that represent the genre.
    • Home screen: Nothing should be unlabeled. In TVSeries and Movies you can see some of the boxes on the side of the main box have no labels and are completely "WTF" for me. What are these? Are they recently added? If so, they should not be just pushed into that box, and if they have to be in that box then at least have a label that says "Recent: {Series Name}" like, Recent: Castle so you know you are going to watch the most recently added Castle episode. If they are not recently added then it is a bigger "WTF" :) lol
    Not a con, but would be better if -
    • Proper capitalization and spacing. It's Live TV, not livetv. While the plugin uses tvseries in mp-tvseries, it should be TV Series in a menu. Things like that.
    • Customize other Home Screen sections. For instance, under "audio" I would like to have the big box be mvCentral, and little boxes to be Pandora, Music (mp3 collection), Radio, etc

Maybe someone has mentioned these, if so... sorry to repeat. I know you did not make the skin for me, but for yourself... these are just my observations and ones marked "showstopper" are why I will have to go back to titan. Been using Apollo for a week and those cons have been brutal on my HTPC experience.

I am not asking you to fix, add or change anything. You do what you want bro, this is your skin.

Have a good one and have fun!!!

Last edited:

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Am I the only person in MP-land that still uses the mvCentral plugin?

The Apollo skin looks interesting, but I probably won't download it because there's no apparent support for mvCentral :(

Thanks to support work by Trevor, mvCentral version 1.0.7.458 still works great with MP 1.11.0 using the StreamedMP skin.
    Plus if you do want mvcentral support you need to supply a working link to the latest working version and your mvcentral database as i don't use it.

From mvCentral forum:

Where is the 1.0.7.458 ?
    EDIT: done that mvCentral-1.0.7.459 have found -> test the same ;) mp 1.12
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0AABH5GMZusdDJYczFJaFpPbEU/view

tested in streamed, no problems (y)

I have attached my db

Attachments

• mvCentral-DB.zip
      1.5 MB
    Last edited:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No support for mvCentral (showstopper)
    Work in progress

No support for Pandora (showstopper)
    New skin and wizard123 asked for the top 3 plugins that people use, so maybe you should post this in the request section? :p

No settings retention (showstopper) (eg. I tell TVSeries that when I launch it to use the "Genre" view as I have over 175 different TV shows, one master list is too much, yet once I leave TV series and go back, I have to tell it again each time to use the Genre View)
    Looks like you found a bug here (y)

Unwatched flag is present during views like "Genre" in TVSeries. It just hangs out there, no cover image to show. Use dummy image or actual images that represent the genre.
    Looks like there are no genre images included in the skin, maybe adding those will show them?
    About the red line underneath posters/folder/episodes: This might very well be a MP bug, because i've also noticed (and @regeszter confirmed) that the red underline doesn't work on folders but only on episodes in database view.

Home screen: Nothing should be unlabeled.
    Have you tried focusing on those tiles? The skin is designed to be very clean, but when you focus on those tiles, you see all the info needed, and can start playback ;)
    20-26-08.png
    Proper capitalization and spacing. It's Live TV, not livetv. While the plugin uses tvseries in mp-tvseries, it should be TV Series in a menu. Things like that.
    Fully customizable, it's up to the user to defines the labels (hit F9 when you are focused on the settings wrench and check the Label settings.)

Customize other Home Screen sections. For instance, under "audio" I would like to have the big box be mvCentral, and little boxes to be Pandora, Music (mp3 collection), Radio, etc
    Customization is already getting implemented (Hit F9 on Settings wrench). For example you can switch the settings button in audio with a Radio, Rockstar, MyLyrics or RadioTime tile, maybe more will be possible in the feature? Maybe worth a feature request?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    • Playback display: (showstopper) While I like the white bar for playback and volume controls, I need to see a total time/time left/time into playback. The numbers gives valuable info to me in my watching experience. It says 30 secs, 1 minute, 5 minutes etc when skipping, but need to playback remaining and playback time in total.
    Is one I added I guess while you were writing your awesome reply, Homey.

As to what you said ( I have not mastered the multi quote, so I will just type stuff in):

mvCentral is WIP = Cool

Pandora and new skin and I should have replied to his top 3 question = I am sorry, but I did not go all "power user" which I usually do in the past, but time has been tight lately. I did go to the Wiki and read the changelog, custom labels and FAQ section. Understand, I am coming VERY late to the party. I saw this thread (dont even remember how) last week. Three minutes later I donated and then downloaded and installed later that night. Been using it ever since then until today.

Setting retention bug = first buggy thing I have seen so far, so that is great. Very bug-free so far aside from this.

Genre images = I dont know what you are telling me. (And I understand about the flags not showing correctly)

Unlabeled tiles = I had not tried to focus on them. I figured I could playback from there, as that is common for most skins with recently added... but why should I have to navigate there to see what it is. Is there any other software... anywhere else in the world... in any industry... where being forced to navigate to an item just to identify it is acceptable? This is GUI 101 stuff :) I really did not expect to get any blowback on this one so I am kind of in shock a bit :)
    (P.S. Please understand that this is worse for me as I have about 6 different people adding shows to my server (usually via SickBeard access) all the time. I have shows getting grabbed or recorded that I not only have no interest in watching, but have never even heard of until they pop up on my recently added. This is my life and I love it, so not asking you (or anyone) to make it easier for me, just explaining why it is such an important thing to me, is all)

Caps and spacing = Cool I did not know I could change that in labeling. I was under the impression that Labeling only referred tot he labels in the menu item (box labels)

Menu customization = I did not know I could F9 and customize other menu items like Movies and TV Series and arrange those boxes and their order as I see fit. I was under the impression that I could only F9 the plugins/others menu. I will try that.

All in all thank you VERY much Homey for your responses :) Cleared a lot of things up.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cleared a lot of things up.
    Well, here's another 1 for ya then:
    but need to playback remaining and playback time in total.
    In both TV Series & MovPic plugin, open the hidden menu (arrow left) and set Extended Info View to YES, that will display the time remaining bottom right. Based on the remaining time and the white bar you can make an educated guess for the total playtime ;)
    21-30-27.png

I am sorry
    Don't be, Just request the thingy :D

Genre images = I dont know what you are telling me.
    Well, i think that if Wizard123 includes Genre images in the skin, it shouldn't be that hard to display them where the posters should be, but i'm no skinner, so Wizard123 needs to comment on this ;)

Unlabeled tiles = I had not tried to focus on them. I figured I could playback from there, as that is common for most skins with recently added... but why should I have to navigate there to see what it is. Is there any other software... anywhere else in the world... in any industry... where being forced to navigate to an item just to identify it is acceptable? This is GUI 101 stuff :) I really did not expect to get any blowback on this one so I am kind of in shock a bit :)
    Yeah, i totally get what you're saying. Not sure what wizard wants to do with it though.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/4_Skins/Apollo/FAQ

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    AWESOME. Thanks for clearing that up. Seems about half of the things I wanted could already be done, just needed the "know-how" :) WTG, Homey!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Few more hints then ;)
    Seems about half of the things I wanted could already be done, just needed the "know-how"
    Do you know about the Extended banner view in TV Series? (also hidden menu):
    21-47-29.png

Hitting F9/Info on the Others menu shows all plugins (might need a bit of reworks, since i don't have them all installed):
    21-47-37.png

And you can even define the others menu with parameters inside plugins (for example Red Bull TV inside OnlineVideos), so you can make a tile for that:
    21-47-40.png
    Oooh, and note the Caps on this screen :p

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    DId not know about the banner view. The other two yes as I knew about the F9 for "others" to choose plugins, but I did not know I could change the boxes order for audio, movies and tvseries until you told me I could. Still need to try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom