Apollo for Mediaportal 1 (3 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I doubt i will add support for that as default as it adds a lot of clutter, maybe as a mod though

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Graphic information is perceived easier than text. Especially information about the awards. And studios.:whistle::):coffee:

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Graphic information is perceived easier than text. Especially information about the awards. And studios.:whistle::):coffee:
    It may be perceived easier than text but that does not make it any less messy and i wont add mess to the skin (as default) just for icons that 80% of users wont have any interest in. ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    This task of the designer, add so that it is not dirty, it was beautiful, informative and user-friendly. That's the problem.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    "In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies."
    ..........-Stephen Leacock

Hahahahahahahaha!!
    I think that the plugins are installed automatically and so there would be a high number of people who would inadvertently be users :)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    that 80% of users wont have any interest in
    Where such statistics?
    I'm not going to argue with you about it that's all you ever do, i'm talking about Apollo user base not other skins. Apollo is designed to be clean and uncluttered which is how it will stay, the reason mods exist is because most users won't use a feature but a small niche does.
    "In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies."
    ..........-Stephen Leacock

Hahahahahahahaha!!
    I think that the plugins are installed automatically and so there would be a high number of people who would inadvertently be users :)
    Not if the skin does not support it they won't ;)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    i'm talking about Apollo user base not other skins
    I would look at the statistics :) Maybe you're right, maybe not. All the same, if you do everything nice and comfortable, it only helps, but does not interfere.
    Apollo is designed to be clean and uncluttered which is how it will stay, the reason mods exist is because most users won't use a feature but a small niche does.
    Well, in the shoes of a lot of bother me. Icon with the user (which is still running, and that it is spinning) for me this extra information in a HTPC. Free space that reduces the amount of output information, etc. But it is for me, someone is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom