Apollo One (2 Viewers)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    we need a custom model which provides such grouping features
    Idependently from this great skin I think this is a very good idea in general. We are getting more and more plugins and our main menu is getting really big. I would really like to see such a grouping feature so that our main menu stays kind of clean. So if anyone volunteers, I'd appreciate it :D

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Menu styles/layouts are definitely something that skinners need to make the most of their ideas.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    There is no time frame that i know of but it is being designed for and with MP2 in mind.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When designing the home screens, we should also consider two main controls that would be visible later:
    • Navigation bar (this one could be optional for home screen, as we are on "root" and have no navigation history)
    • 2(!) Player Controls that are visible while media playback
    And another thing to consider early: current MP2 skins are showing the current video/image player in fullscreen background. This means the "video-background.xaml" replaces the default background "image". Do we want this inside Apollo one as well? This brings some more questions about text color and the need of some background or border around it.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I personally would not go with full screen video as background with this design it would look pretty bad to be honest

esas

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I really like this concept. It sort of ...clean. I'm not to fond of the video background, as it would make more "mess". But a mini TV-window like on MP1 would be nice (only a bit bigger maybe?).

Also I don't see why we need a navigation bar. I don't think they are very useful when using a remote. (I see the point when using a mouse, but I never do that.)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @wizard123 can you please create a layout for the home screen, where we have 2 player controls and 2 video windows on it?

Currently the player controls are on top (but for this resolution too small). What is a bigger problem is to find a good place where to place the 1 or 2 video windows when playing.

I just got an idea: it's easy to add a WorkflowAction that is only visible while a player is active: this "Action" would appear as menu item, and thus as a tile. We could use the VideoBrush there to paint the video on this tile. The associated action would be "Switch to fullscreen".

While this would work on homescreen, this does not for other screens. So a generic way and a "cool custom" way for homescreen could be possible :)

20131004-background-homebuttons-jpg.137152

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom