Apollo One (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great layouts! Only thing I would prefer is, that the location of controls should be the same in all screens (not bottom in home and top everywhere else).

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In that case you would need to move the main menu to the bottom or make the players smaller to fit above. I don't mind i just hate being limited to where i can display info etc because of permanent fixtures.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    I'm easy ;)
    Maybe it's a question for a poll or feedback from the community on which they would prefer ?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me it is fine if the player is in one or two screens on a different position. I wouldn't like if it would be different in every screen xD

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    This looks great!
    Just one suggestion from someone without any layouting skills, so if you don't like it, just forget about it :D
    In general I see wo vertical lines in this layour: the left border and the right border of the main buttons. The menu on top already introduces two further vertical lines as it does not go completely from the left to the right border of the main buttons - but this is ok, as the top menu is not very high.
    Now the controls introduce two further vertical lines, which - at least in my eyes - disturbes (not really, but I don't find a better english word) the absolute clean design of the skin. Did you try to put the controller aligned with the left and right end of the main buttons and let the fan art and video slide out to the respective other sides, i.e. towards the middle of the screen? I hope that's understandable... Maybe I can "paint" it here:

Code:
                    [ Top Menu ]
    [                                         ]
    [               Main Buttons              ]
    [Contr.1]Video1]Fan1] [Fan2[Video2[Contr.2]

Edit: The editor is too smart and removed all the spaces...
    Edit2: Works as code...

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    This looks great!
    Just one suggestion from someone without any layouting skills, so if you don't like it, just forget about it :D
    In general I see wo vertical lines in this layour: the left border and the right border of the main buttons. The menu on top already introduces two further vertical lines as it does not go completely from the left to the right border of the main buttons - but this is ok, as the top menu is not very high.
    Now the controls introduce two further vertical lines, which - at least in my eyes - disturbes (not really, but I don't find a better english word) the absolute clean design of the skin. Did you try to put the controller aligned with the left and right end of the main buttons and let the fan art and video slide out to the respective other sides, i.e. towards the middle of the screen? I hope that's understandable... Maybe I can "paint" it here:

Code:
                    [ Top Menu ]
    [               Main Buttons              ]
    [Contr.1]Video1]Fan1] [Fan2[Video2[Contr.2]

Edit: The editor is too smart and removed all the spaces...
    Edit2: Works as code...
    Like this ?....

Attachments

• test2.jpg
      test2.jpg
      1 MB

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Haha i don't know about amazing but i try :p

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I moved the player controls to bottom, the style is not yet changed. I also added a screenshot from "non-home" screen, it already fits into main area. It's so cool to define only the master and all screens are still working in their new content boundaries :D
    20131025-Homescreen_Players_Bottom.jpg 20131025-Unchanged_Browsing.jpg

@wizard123, can you please provide me vector graphics for the player controls (play, pause, skip, ...) as vector graphics (xaml)? Also I would like to have a graphics for player control background (in principle a rectangle shape with rounded corner and a background fill).

Please be aware that I will ask you for more such small components for next steps ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom