Apollo One (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please build the MP2-Client project completely with VS2013: besides the files, ApolloOne contains a custom model which is compiled in ApolloOne.dll.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks i will have a read through when i have some free time, i have to workout how to build the project from the zip i downloaded first lol i've not done a lot with VS but happy to learn :)

jehe

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,
    Code:
    Error    5    The name "Include" does not exist in the namespace "www.team-mediaportal.com/2008/mpf/directx".    H:\gedeelde map testmediaportal\Mediaportal-2 Apollo One\MediaPortal-2\MediaPortal\Incubator\ApolloOne\Skin\ApolloOne\screens\master_homemenu.xaml    9    3    ApolloOne
    Error    6    The name "ControlTemplate" does not exist in the namespace "www.team-mediaportal.com/2008/mpf/directx".    H:\gedeelde map testmediaportal\Mediaportal-2 Apollo One\MediaPortal-2\MediaPortal\Incubator\ApolloOne\Skin\ApolloOne\screens\master_homemenu.xaml    13    5    ApolloOne
    Error    7    The name "DockPanel" does not exist in the namespace "www.team-mediaportal.com/2008/mpf/directx".    H:\gedeelde map testmediaportal\Mediaportal-2 Apollo One\MediaPortal-2\MediaPortal\Incubator\ApolloOne\Skin\ApolloOne\screens\master_homemenu.xaml    14    7    ApolloOne
    I have a lot of errors, all related to << namespace "www.team-mediaportal.com/2008/mpf/directx" >>, when I open a XAML file in Visual Studio.
    What am I doing wrong?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a lot of errors, all related to << namespace "www.team-mediaportal.com/2008/mpf/directx" >>, when I open a XAML file in Visual Studio.
    What am I doing wrong?
    This is the issue I mean with:
    Unfortunately there is still no visual designer available, that would work on MP2 files directly. :( So I use Expression Blend to design only core elements (button style, OSD style) and then copy the markup into related MP2 styles.
    In VS you can only use the "XAML source" view, but not the visual designer.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I replaced the default font, moved more items to a better place and added language texts. Result improves more:
    20140319-01_mediahub.jpg

20140319-02_TV.jpg

20140319-03_Audio.jpg

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I extended the TV screen with more items. Here I had a problem: the SlimTV-Client plugin doesn't define a direct link from "Home" -> "Recordings" or "Schedules" or "Guide". So I had the choice to:
    1. Modify SlimTVClient's workflow definitions. This would affect all skins.
    2. Add own workflow defintions for ApolloOne skin.
    You might guess it: I took the 2nd way :) So if you like to place more direct links into workflow states, consider my example commit here: https://github.com/morpheusxx/MediaPortal-2/commit/4e9f9a0717f7836af2cfb18e2936a9d92df39ff7

I copied the SlimTV-Actions, gave all of them a new ID (required!), and set the SourceStates to "7F702D9C-F2DD-42da-9ED8-0BA92F07787F" (so it will be available in Home state, not only inside TV screen).
    20140319-04_TV_rec.jpg

Another great example how a plugin can customize the workflow actions and transitions :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Why not add a visibility condition to the two player windows, or make them semi-transparent when they're not in use? Big, empty boxes aren't that sexy to look at. ;)

Emph

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why not add a visibility condition to the two player windows, or make them semi-transparent when they're not in use? Big, empty boxes aren't that sexy to look at. ;)
    This is actually the default behavior to hide them if not used (like in Titanium and Reflexion). Currently the controls are always visible to add all design elements there. I think they will either be semi transparent or hidden if not used. I'll wait for wizard's ideas about this :)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think they should be hidden if nothing is playing and also when the user is hovering a tile which is supplying latest media info.
    I also think they need to slide in to visible to match the tiled elements.

Side note if i open the mp2-client solution from the source folder and attempt to build i get many errors about:

Warning 988 The referenced component 'SharpDX.Direct3D9' could not be found. StatisticsRenderer
    Warning 989 The referenced component 'Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack' could not be found. ShellThumbnailProvider
    Warning 985 The referenced component 'MPExtended.Services.TVAccessService.Interfaces' could not be found. SlimTv.MPExtendedProvider
    Error 735 The type or namespace name 'RectangleF' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) \\nas-server8\ADM\U-INT-984\984.c.hall\user files\Desktop\MediaPortal-2-FEAT_ApolloOne\MediaPortal\Source\UI\SkinEngine\Controls\ImageSources\TextureImageSource.cs 238 24 SkinEngine
    Error 736 'MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Controls.ImageSources.MultiImageSourceBase.Texture' is a 'property' but is used like a 'type' \\nas-server8\ADM\U-INT-984\984.c.hall\user files\Desktop\MediaPortal-2-FEAT_ApolloOne\MediaPortal\Source\UI\SkinEngine\Controls\ImageSources\MultiImageSource.cs 245 24 SkinEngine

The list goes on and on any ideas ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom