New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes I have the following features planned
    • Add All Videos From Youtube Channel
    • Add All Videos From Youtube playlist
    • Save All Videos as mp3 from youtube channel
    • Save All Videos as mp3 from youtube playlist
    BETA BETA Version 10, Not really tested much might have some (or alot) of issues.
    - Added PitchFork TV
    - Added Option to View/Change/Rename/Delete items from scrapes prior to adding to adding to the DL list.

Also: Thank you too tidbit, geekdude, sjc1000, twiz, and anyone else on AHK irc channel that helped me with my programming questions :)

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So I added PitchForkTV support as both an extra source, an as an option to just download whatever videos are available on their website. I had to strip out vimeo from their video list because the urls were too inconsistent. I think ~90+% of videos on that site are referenced to youtube anyway :)

This beta version hopefully gremlin free.

Untitled-1.gif
    Untitled-2.gif

^ added all artists in my library + similar artists + everything on pitchfork.tv reveals lots of available music videos to DL. :) Use pitchfork.tv with caution as their videos are not 100% reliable, some of them are miss-named or are not proper videos, in contrast if you only use audiodb.com they are around 98% accurate.

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Trying version 9 (from page 1) right now. I set number of downloads to 1. But at least 20 are running.

Task Manager.png

Also, the ".part" part of the filename remains for a couple that have finished, according to the popup, but can't tell if they might have timed out or something. (They don't seem big enough.)

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Trying version 9 (from page 1) right now. I set number of downloads to 1. But at least 20 are running.

View attachment 134336

Also, the ".part" part of the filename remains for a couple that have finished, according to the popup, but can't tell if they might have timed out or something. (They don't seem big enough.)

I think in v9 I had the download timer set too aggressive when I was testing, it is possible it was queuing up new DLs before the existing ones had a chance to start. Create a text document with one line like this
    Code:
    50 Test Video
    Rename to test.marker and place it inside the Temp folder. The program should show it as an active download. You can copy + paste it several times to get more active downloads. When downloads are happening a temporary .marker file should appear in the folder. I'm looking at changing the detection logic in the future, but I think v10b will probably already fix the issue. You can set DL limit = 1 prior to starting DL then graddually turn it up 1 by 1. With having the timer quite fast in v9 i think it was launching more DLs before they had a chance to create .marker files.... Sometimes it can go over the limit (will fix in later version), but with the much slower timer in v10b it should be ok. I have to retest more. I will also look at putting in an additional check that counts the processes in task manager (if I can figure out how to do that).

Re: the .part files

Probably related to having 20 active DLs and the internet failing/timing out/going super slow. The .part file always gets deleted when DL finishes. The program will auto resume any existing .part files that have timed out. I think this issue just relates to above.

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I tried the test.marker method and it didn't work. The .marker file was gone, and was replaced with .marker and .tmp files for those started.

I guess I'll try version 10b and see how it goes.

FWIW, it does seem that a time-out was what caused the failures. They work fine when run separately.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Restart program
    (AFTER) that put Make 2x .marker files inside temp dir
    hover over the tray icon it should say "Music Video Downloader [Active DL 2]"
    if it doesn't then something is seriously wrong and 10b won't fix it.

FYI in \temp\ you have 3 main files.
    .tmp = temp log file
    .msg = tool tip message from DL to main program
    .marker = marking that DL in progress

I plan on combing .tmp + .marker into 1 file in the future.

If .marker files are appearing then you know it is atleast 50% working, but can you try by doing above instruction :) ty

Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Restart program
    (AFTER) that put Make 2x .marker files inside temp dir
    hover over the tray icon it should say "Music Video Downloader [Active DL 2]"
    if it doesn't then something is seriously wrong and 10b won't fix it.

OK. That works. Sorry for the false alarm. Didn't try 10b.[DOUBLEPOST=1375744971][/DOUBLEPOST]I spoke too soon.

For a while, there were just two. (1 minute?) Then others started up. The test.marker files are still present. (During that initial minute (?) it was messing around find duplicates and so forth and reporting via the popup, and had spawned 2 processes. The initial tray icon did say [Active DL 2] and when I stopped it, it had risen to 21.)

I'm very out of date with threads and processes, but I think if you use threads, each will notify you when it completes, and can return a return-code for errors. So it turns out to be easier in many respects. You just add 1 to a counter for every new thread, and subtract 1 at each return.

Meanwhile, you could just not use any sub-processes at all and download just one at a time. It will still be very fast, since it's from Google.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom