[APP] Music Video Downloader (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
FWIW, the reason this software is of such interest to me is because my internet speeds are so slow I cannot use youtube "live." Might be worth a mention in the initial write-up for other such unfortunates as me.

You think you've got it bad. My Mum's PC is so slow that she can't even play youtube videos (P3 900Mhz and Nvidia FX5200 that can't do hardware decoding, so the CPU has to try and do it all). Seeing as she mostly only uses it as a dumb terminal to remote desktop to her account on a decent Windows 7 machine, it's kind of hard to justify buying a new one just so she can play youtube videos ;)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    clipboard downloading needs a queuing process, but does not have it. ,the reason this software is of such interest to me is because my internet speeds are so slow I cannot use youtube "live."
    Ahh I see. I wont be adding queueing support for manual downloads. I think the reason why you have occasional failed files is because of your slow internet speed timing out. I downloaded about 3-400 videos clips o/night, 8 at a time, and had 12 failures, 11 of which were due to the video being blocked to my country/deleted by youtube. 1 was a failed downloaded, that succesfully resumed when i retried it.

bakerpr

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    First look this is a great addition to MP. Managed to get some Bulk videos downloaded from my newly created Last Fm account. However, after updating my Fav artist list the bulk grabbed list doesn't change. Also, I don't get anything in the list when I choose Top 100. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I don't support fav artist, I only support last.fm top artist. I think this is based on last.fm scrobble plays. So I don't know what you mean here.

So when you click Add top artist, and select 100 artists, you don't get a list of anything? or is the problem that list you got doesn't end up in the bulk dl list? It might be that you have no top artists in last.fm, what is your username?

The other thing you can do is go into cache folder and delete last.fm.top.artists.bakerrpr*.txt or whatever it is called.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    bakerrpr26 has zero top artists on last.fm (you probably have no scrobble history)
    Use add library mode. similar artists also won't return anything for you, bc it looks up x similar artists for every y top artist.

if you want more music videos try adding
    "kiwijunglist" or "rj" as a username.

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I've just tried it.
    In popup russian letters in video names looks like question so tool has some text encoding problems.
    Also I want to grab youtube playlist.
    Thanks!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What username will give me some Russian tracks to test? If you want playlist now you can use command line. Youtube-dl.exe %url%

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom