App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

@jmcentire - you should use [collapse] or
    rather than
    Code:
     in your changelog, because [code] doesn't support word wrap

[quote="loinbread, post: 561106"]Ohh wow, I never realised! Ha ha, that's pretty foolish of me. Thanks for the heads up on all of that. I knew it worked with optical media but never with external HDDs.[/QUOTE]

Also with categories you can make it so these removable movies only appear in certain categories
    eg. edit All Movies and add path =/= x:\externalhddmovies\
    Then create a category called "Backed Up Movies" and add path = x:\externalhddmovies\

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

btw - thanks again for your app, and your music copier too!
    I reckon you should do it for my tv series as well,
    I went and manually copied all the series posters -> folder.jpg for my series.
    If you do decide to do it, I can help with ideas for the logic, but no programing.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Can somebody please verify if the XBMC v1.0.2 scraper from: Issue 772 works in conjuction with v0.4.1 which should have support for the language and writers tags?

These tags are not part of the official XBMC NFO format, so it needs a lot of testing. If you verified it works on a large collection, please reply as such into the Google SVN thread, so the scraper can be included by default.

I still got a lot of bad titles in my collection due to lacking of year in title on original import, so I haven't been able to use this application on my own collection yet, because I first want to verify all entries are correct. I did test the scraper with a simple test file, but that's not enough of a guarantee.

So somebody please test, and reply to Google SVN, so it can be included.

:D

WhyMe

Portal Member
    July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

Hello,
    this tool isn't completly working for me.

at the end of nfo file generated, there is an URL out of xml tree like this :

Code:
    <movie>
    <title>Safari</title>
    </movie>
    http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=132960.html

generating an error at import
    Code:
    19-Feb-2010 21:46:21 Error [         ScraperNode]: Scraper Script XPATH parsing failed: Données non valides au niveau racine. Ligne 27, position 1.

and french emphasis ( not sure of term ) like "é à è" are not correctly processed, resulting in this :
    Code:
    Six touristes fran�ais ont d�cid� de d�couvrir l'Afrique du Sud au cours d'un safari organis� par Richard Dacier.

Cover and backdrop files are copied in local directory, why they are not used in the nfo file ?

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Re : App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

Hello,
    this tool isn't completly working for me.

at the end of nfo file generated, there is an URL out of xml tree like this :

Code:
    <movie>
    <title>Safari</title>
    </movie>
    http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_gen_cfilm=132960.html

Having the URL at the end of the nfo file is a part of the XBMC nfo format, and shouldn't cause any problems with the scraper.

generating an error at import
    Code:
    19-Feb-2010 21:46:21 Error [         ScraperNode]: Scraper Script XPATH parsing failed: Données non valides au niveau racine. Ligne 27, position 1.

and french emphasis ( not sure of term ) like "é à è" are not correctly processed, resulting in this :
    Code:
    Six touristes fran�ais ont d�cid� de d�couvrir l'Afrique du Sud au cours d'un safari organis� par Richard Dacier.

Not sure why the scraper is failing, you may need to ask in the xbmc scraper thread. As for the characters not showing, I'll take a look at the code again to make sure I am processing all the text the same as the titles(since we were having problems like this with the titles a while ago).

Cover and backdrop files are copied in local directory, why they are not used in the nfo file ?

I don't believe the scraper is set to look for cover or backdrop in the nfo, and the xbmc format only shows a <thumb> tag, and I am not sure if it supports relative local paths. Also you can set moving pics to look in the movie dir for cover and fanart anyway so I'm not sure if there is any value in adding this.

WhyMe

Portal Member
    July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

Thanks for your answers.

If i delete the URL at the end of file, nfo is correctly imported.
    If not, it's not correctly imported.
    Maybe it's because it's not like an imdb url !?!

I did several tests last night with pictures in movie directory and finally i understand how it works, it's OK now.

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Re: Re : App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

You might want to give the details about the URL problem to the guy who wrote the xbmc scraper, since having the address at the end is part of the format the scraper should at least be able to ignore it if it can't process it correctly.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

shouldn't the url have <tags> around it tho?

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country

Not according to the XBMC site...however after reading through it again having both the details and the address doesn't seem to be very useful unless you are manually editing the nfo files. So I uploaded a new version 0.4.1.1 which removes the details address option from the nfo files it creates. Check first post.

I also checked on those special characters, I am converting all the text fields so special characters should work, have you checked in moving pictures to make sure they show up correctly there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom