App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (2 Viewers)

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
Re: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

I'd prefer avoiding adding features like that since they can easily be done manually... adding in new features opens doors for new bugs. I don't know about you but I'm not comfortable with this program having automatic abilities. It could be disastrous if it deletes something it shouldn't (somehow).

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

I'd prefer avoiding adding features like that since they can easily be done manually... adding in new features opens doors for new bugs. I don't know about you but I'm not comfortable with this program having automatic abilities. It could be disastrous if it deletes something it shouldn't (somehow).

Exactly, when doing it manually you can see what your deleting to make sure it is correct. Scripts that move or delete files can cause major problems if something goes wrong.

If you do want the script to do it for you, you are welcome to modify the source to meet your needs.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

i am talking about deleting only .jpg files, so it should be safe to do so.

nevertheless, if you dont want to do it is ok, i have read someone looking into making a command line for this good program, so i will be able to add a batch that does the rest in that case, plus also make it run automatically every x days.

are there any news on creating the command line ?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

THANKS for uploading the source code !

no need to look at my suggestions anymore as I can code it myself.

Ive already managed to automate it and delete old images.

thanks

btw, its a good idea to include the source code in the first post of this thread. and if new versions come out, i would thank you alot if you also upload source code.

once again, thanks

hockstatter

Portal Member
    September 1, 2009
    Home Country

is there anyway to use this app to just create an nfo file with just the imdb address? i'd like for xbmc to know the imdb address but scrape all of the information itself instead of using what's only in the nfo file. i see listed in the features of the app "imdb address link" but i see it nowhere in the app. thanks all.

BlueBomber

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but when I run the app it won't create an NFO file for any movie that has an ampersand (&) in the title. It continues to copy over the Artwork, however.

Example: 'Angels & Demons', 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith', 'Marley & Me', etc.

Dr Tone

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but when I run the app it won't create an NFO file for any movie that has an ampersand (&) in the title. It continues to copy over the Artwork, however.

Example: 'Angels & Demons', 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith', 'Marley & Me', etc.

Sure it does it just names them wrong. It replaces the & with & in the name. At least it does for me.

BlueBomber

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country

I think that I figured out my problem - the 'Title' of the movie can contain an ampersand (and it will be renamed all funny like you mentioned), but the directory cannot.

Once I changed all the folder names to the word 'and', the NFO file creation worked.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I think that I figured out my problem - the 'Title' of the movie can contain an ampersand (and it will be renamed all funny like you mentioned), but the directory cannot.

Once I changed all the folder names to the word 'and', the NFO file creation worked.

More then likely the program also makes the & = & change on the foldername, and is then at that moment unable to access it to write the NFO file.

If the author can fix the & problem on files, it should also fix the problem for folders.

That being the case, it is easier said then done :cool:

BlueBomber

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country

Hey everybody - so I think that I found two bugs, one of them kind of being a more serious issue -

1. If a movie exists in a directory containing an ampersand (&) in the directory name, a file will not be created. The directory must be renamed to produce an NFO file (artwork will be created appropriately, however).
    2. If the 'Overwrite Existing File of the Same name' option is UNCHECKED, it will append an extra </movie> to an existing NFO document everytime the program is run.

The second bug can be problematic, since the XBMC scraper will not import the information appropriately. Can anybody else confirm whether they can reproduce the second bug?

I included a shot of my options screen which in turn produces the second bug -

options.gif

Thanks, guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom