App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (1 Viewer)

drealit

Portal Pro
March 15, 2008
kiwi if you use this IMDB scraper file https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...sh-title-scraper-53574/index2.html#post517907 instead, you wouldn't have to worry about nonenglish titles (I'm assuming you're changing foreign titles to english). As long as that's in place you'll always pull the English titles you want. This however does not apply to titles that you are changing for placement purposes (for example: Jason Lives going with the rest of the Friday the 13th's).

pgjensen

Portal Pro
May 1, 2008
suggestion: add an "artwork cleanup" option that removes artwork on the disk that isn't attached to any movies in the database.

jmcentire

Portal Pro
November 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
kiwi, I think it is a great idea to have MP pull the title(and should add the Sort Title and WATCHED FLAG as well) from the info file on rescans. If the Moving Pictures Devs are willing to implement that function I would gladly change the format of the info file to whatever works best for them.

pgjensen, i like that currently the app doesn't have much opportunity to screw anything up(it even copies the db before querying it, just in case). Maybe separating it into another script would be better, and add some "undo" functionality just in case something goes wrong, or write it in something that can query the db directly, instead of exporting it to a csv, would be more trustworthy.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    kiwi if you use this IMDB scraper file https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...sh-title-scraper-53574/index2.html#post517907 instead, you wouldn't have to worry about nonenglish titles (I'm assuming you're changing foreign titles to english). As long as that's in place you'll always pull the English titles you want. This however does not apply to titles that you are changing for placement purposes (for example: Jason Lives going with the rest of the Friday the 13th's).

thanks i noticed this, but havn't tried it yet.

@jmcentire - i think i read somewhere that Movingpictures 1.0 will support creating a .nfo/.txt file so i guess that feature will be implemented when 1.0 comes out.

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Talked to fforde, looks like with v0.8 they will support scraper scripts that can run on local files, so when it comes out we should be able to write a scraper that will read the nfo files we create.

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    nice! so that script can be #1 on the list and i'll have a movingpictures.nfo in all of my movies output via your program until it's featured in MP itself.

that will help speed re-importing older movies too and saving the re-naming of titles that are always pulled incorrectly.

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    New version 0.3.1 - updated first post.

Main reason for the change was to add the SortBy Title so that it can be reimported if need be(when that functionality is available from MP).

webghost666

June 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Nice app !
    Would it be possible to add actors, director and writer in the nfo too ?

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    New version 0.3.4 - updated first post.

Added the following options for the info file: Genres, Directors, Writers, and Actors.

Also your options are now saved in a config file when changed, so when you run the program again it will have the options you previously set already there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom