App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6

Hi.
    There is an other issue with v0.5.6. Sometimes exotic chars in "Summary" splits the .nfo File in two parts. First file is all up to this char on normal path and the second one resides on C:\ with strange name and the rest of the data. It's easy to reproduce. Just use german OFDB summary for "Transformers 3" and let the app generate the .nfo...
    Change back to 0.5.5 and this did not happen again.

If it''s necessary I can redo my copy of Transformers 3 with V0.5.6.

firewire

Portal Member
    November 9, 2011

Hallo,

here are some examples of broken nfo files.

Attachments

• The Hangover.zip
      2.3 KB

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Where can I download V0.5.5?

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.5

Yes, I (still) have problems with the &. For two movies containing the & in the file name the .nfo file was not generated. Using version 0.5.5.

Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre and Percy Jackson & the Olympians I: The Lightning Thief

VdR

A few questions to help me find the problem, do the images copy correctly? Are you using the movie title as the nfo name or movie.nfo?

Sorry I don't think I ever answered you on this one.

The images do copy correctly (both folder and backdrop). I'm using the movie title as the .nfo name.

By the way, my work arround for this only works on the master end (that is the .nfo file with the & is created), it does not work on the client end (the movies with the & in the .nfo filename are not added to the database using the XBMC scraper).

UPDATE

I found out that on the clients (that use the XBMC scraper to read the .nfo files) these movies do get properly imported as long as the .nfo file contains the '&' character. For 'Cowboys & Aliens' I changed the '&' in the title in the .nfo file to 'and' and it worked. I did this for 'Batman & Robin' and it still didn't work. Turns out the '&' character was also used in the description in the .nfo file. Changed that as well and then it imported properly as well.

VdR

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    jmcentire: could you post the source for the latest version? I'd like to see if I can take this and get it to work with MP-TVSeries for XBMC support.

wh.labratz

August 26, 2009
    v0.5.6 produces invalid XML if the title contains an '&', the Microsoft .Net XML parser (and others I'm sure) require that '&' is escaped

rrraf

Portal Member
    October 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    hi,
    i'm having issues sharing the genres with the .nfo file. they used to be like <genre>Action / Comedy / Horror / Sci-Fi</genre> but now they look like <genre>|Action|Comedy|Horror|Sci-Fi|</genre>. it results in very bad genre database in xbmc (using mp on main htpc but also having a apple tv with xbmc) where pretty much each movie has its own multiple genre and no separate ones :-/
    could you please help me sorting this problem?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    hi,
    i'm having issues sharing the genres with the .nfo file. they used to be like <genre>Action / Comedy / Horror / Sci-Fi</genre> but now they look like <genre>|Action|Comedy|Horror|Sci-Fi|</genre>. it results in very bad genre database in xbmc (using mp on main htpc but also having a apple tv with xbmc) where pretty much each movie has its own multiple genre and no separate ones :-/

The XBMC NFO official format shows as per: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?titl...deo_nfo_files_containing_a_mix_of_XML_and_URL

That it expects the following format:

<genre clear="true">Action</genre>
    <genre>Horror</genre>
    <genre>Thriller</genre>

Whereas most MovingPictures method seperate multiple entries via '|' seperator. So to fix this, the XBMC NFO scraper from MovingPictures would need to be fixed to read that new syntax, which would break function for everybody with older NFO syntax files, unless backwards compatability is build into it, and then this MovPicNFO program needs to be adjusted to generate new 'proper' XBMC NFO format.

So basic chicken and the egg problem.

Last edited:

rrraf

Portal Member
    October 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    hi,

The XBMC NFO official format shows as per: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?titl...deo_nfo_files_containing_a_mix_of_XML_and_URL

That it expects the following format:

<genre clear="true">Action</genre>
    <genre>Horror</genre>
    <genre>Thriller</genre>

Whereas most MovingPictures method seperate multiple entries via '|' seperator. So to fix this, the XBMC NFO scraper from MovingPictures would need to be fixed to read that new syntax, which would break function for everybody with older NFO syntax files, unless backwards compatability is build into it, and then this MovPicNFO program needs to be adjusted to generate new 'proper' XBMC NFO format.

So basic chicken and the egg problem.

thanks. i guess i'll leave the genre out of the nfo files. xbmc and mediaportal will look after the genres on the internet... not too bad as it already has all the other informations and images.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom