Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MediaPortal Version: 1.7.0

Description
    Just a start and close of mediaportal is enough to trigger an appcrash (dialog says it's fontengine.dll)
    I did see some suspicious messages:
    Code:
    [2014-04-17 23:49:46,070] [Error  ] [9        ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: '   at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
       at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Load(String skinFileName)
       at TvPlugin.TvCropSettings.Init()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.<>c__DisplayClass5.<LoadWindowPluginsThreaded>b__0(Object x)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
       at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
       at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()'

And also: sometimes it just hangs at startup...

Steps to Reproduce:
    Start and close mediaportal

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    About suspicious message, it was showing us (now in release build and not only debug) that something use wrong thread, it can help to fix so issue :)
    Before those message was only seeing in debug build. So it shouldn't break MP but still that show up that something need to be fix.

About fontengine issue (it only happen on close right) ?
    Before the fix, it happen while running MP (for ex on Now playing Music with LED and/or with FanArt changing background picture).

@seco log was it usefull and helping ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Try to disable : <entry name="threadedstartup">yes</entry> to <entry name="threadedstartup">no</entry>.
    Because it load plugins in thread and not in main thread, it will/should stop suspicious message :)
    It's showing us that using threadedstartup feature is not correct, the implementation is not finished and need change on plugins side surely or whatever lol

Teeo

Portal Member
    September 28, 2009
    Helsingborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Try to disable : <entry name="threadedstartup">yes</entry> to <entry name="threadedstartup">no</entry>.
    Because it load plugins in thread and not in main thread, it will/should stop suspicious message :)
    It's showing us that using threadedstartup feature is not correct, the implementation is not finished and need change on plugins side surely or whatever lol

Gr8! But in what file can I find this entry? I cant find it (using wingrep)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    in mediaportal.xml (in 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal') but this entry was added manually long time ago i think beacuse it was not added in auto :)

Teeo

Portal Member
    September 28, 2009
    Helsingborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The entry did not exist in my mediaportal.xml. Now i have added it under section "general" (hope this is the right place)
    I will get back on if it works or not.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll look into this option.
    Could that be related to the appcrash/hanging startup?

I sure hope so, because now I have a non-working production system, and not very pleased with that...

Reverting back to 1.6 is really at the very bottom of my solutions list

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The entry did not exist in my mediaportal.xml. Now i have added it under section "general" (hope this is the right place)
    I will get back on if it works or not.

No need to add it if you doesn't have it :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'll look into this option.
    Could that be related to the appcrash/hanging startup?

I sure hope so, because now I have a non-working production system, and not very pleased with that...

Reverting back to 1.6 is really at the very bottom of my solutions list

Yep the threading startup (on my side when i have try it on 1.4) lead to broken start but that's setting is only added manually :) so it should be ok for most of user.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep the threading startup (on my side when i have try it on 1.4) lead to broken start but that's setting is only added manually :) so it should be ok for most of user.

Well, I'm apparently not most of user :) Completely forgot that I added it myself, and the conditions of it...

Setting it to no solved the problem, so a thanks is in order here.
    Besides that, is someone still puzzling over this, because I can do some testing/troubleshooting here

Edit: in case of threading startup, it's the tvzaposd plugin which is misbehaving. Perhaps it's something done for the
    Enhancements to the TV and Video OSDs
    TV recording thumbs and comskip markers were not properly shown in the TV and Video Info OSDs. This is fixed ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom