[solved] Are genres in the guide working properly (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm working on making the switch from MP1 to MP2 and I've noticed that the only genre color appears in my guide is the one for Series. There are plenty of Movies, Music and News genres in the database but for some reason I don't see them colored in the guide. I'ts not a big thing, just wondering about it mostly.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, genre colors are working. I assume that you
    1. installed MP 2.2.1
    2. made your color choices in the settings

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm working on making the switch from MP1 to MP2 and I've noticed that the only genre color appears in my guide is the one for Series. There are plenty of Movies, Music and News genres in the database but for some reason I don't see them colored in the guide. I'ts not a big thing, just wondering about it mostly.
    Please check also the wiki for details. You need to map genre colors in "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration" and finally configure them in MP2's TV settings.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Please check also the wiki for details. You need to map genre colors in "MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration" and finally configure them in MP2's TV settings.
    Hmm, I only remember the color mapping settings. I will check the wiki and see about the other settings after work today. Thanks!

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    IT WORKS... thanks ge2301. It took me a bit to figure it out, although I should have known since I obviously performed this step in MP1... I just forgot. I think what confused me this time is that it is listed under DVB EPG which I thought didn't apply to me since I was using ATSC tuners. Anyway, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom