Are you an artist? Then this competition is for you! (1 Viewer)

bedlam

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
w00tazn: nice, I especially like the black one. some of the other background is abit to cluttery in my opinion though.

harley: In my opinion your first suggestion is the way to go, if you´re making a skin.
The layout and colors are a bit more discrete and appealing at least to my minimalistic taste :)

A

Anonymous

Now theres a nice idea - come up with a skin that looks good and readable even when a random image is displayed in the background. Then add the ability in MP to load a random image (from a specified dir) at startup, or even to rotate the image periodically

A

Anonymous

Hello everybody .

w00tazn , are those skins working or are they just pictures made with photoshop or something else ?
If they are runing skins , will you share them ? ... because i don't know how to do skins (and i think i'm not able to do something like this) and yours skins are simply the best ones i have ever seen !!

I really LOVE THEM !!

Bye ....

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :) hi all,

:) thanks for your opinions

the colours can be changed. and yes it will be a random picture.
    because the pictures are so that it looks like a random when you go over the buttons.

:?:
    the question is
    : can the design of one of the skins be one of your favorite skin.

When i will make a new skin, then it must be one that many users like because it is a hard work to make it and it must be everytime updated.

:) so it makes fun when it will be used.

but it is to much work for that no one use it.

So it would be good when there come more opinions in this thread.
    we have over 2000 User´s and have a hand full of opinions.

:D hey Users it´s your turn.
    Help us all and let mp be the best

(..oh it is the best :wink: )

Greetings 8) Harley

rien-ne-va-plus

Portal Member
    October 21, 2004
    Berlin/Germany
    forbes said:
    Sorry, I little off topic :roll:

Any of you amazing artistic guys fancy doing a cool MP theme for FMA.

Fma2.gif
    Fma3.gif

There is talk of a plugin being written, and a nice theme would have to added :wink:

offtopic but still a skin about MP..its not that goos yet, but still..i dunno actually how many people are interested in that:

1100101499.jpg
    1100101603.jpg
    1100101626.jpg
    1100101650.jpg
    1100101673.jpg

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    O.K. Harley.

I still like your Naley skin best.

I think the first new one is quite good, but it wouldn´t be my favourite skin.
    I like the idea of a lcd skin, but I find it very hard to read, the way it is now.

tomtom21000

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Wouldn´t be my favourite too. I like the clearer skins like MCE or butcherboys new one. Also the above black one would be nice, and as a sometimes alternative the retro style posted in another thread.

A

Anonymous

my skin was just a mockup... i could take a shot at learning XML to code it myself though.

A

Anonymous

w00tazn: the XML files are easy to interpret. They mostly contain data like locations for image placement and image display size. All you have to do is work on someone elses skin, replace an image and adjust the coordinates as fits your design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom