Arrow keys not working MCE remote (1 Viewer)

teapot

February 26, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive got problems with the up and down keys not working properly. When I start MP I can only move down once and then up once when using the arrow keys. This is the same in any screen I view wether it be MP or Win explorer. I have spent hours and hours looking at previous posts and trying different things but nothing seems to sort the problem. Here is a bit of info on what I have got and done

Vista x64 Ultimate.
AMD X2 5200, 4GB
Compro VideoMate K100 (MCE compatible remote)
Media Portal V1 (I assume its RC4, downloaded a few days ago)

Some of the things I have tried,
Replacing remote batteries.
Uninstalling ehome device driver and reconnecting the receiver
Replaced \programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\Keymap.xml and ehome infrared...xml
Running MP under the (builtin) administrator account.
Disabling Win media Centre services.
Running mpfocus.
In MP configuration I have the mce remote checked. Nothing else.

I notice that the same problem appears when trying to navigate win explorer which seems to suggest to me its a win\remote prob rather than MP

Can anybody give me some pointers of how to diagnose exactly what the problem is ?

thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I notice that the same problem appears when trying to navigate win explorer which seems to suggest to me its a win\remote prob rather than MP

Click on a desktop icon, using the arrow keys you should be able to go up down, left right, if not then the hid part of the remote is not functioning.

Have you disabled any hid devices or possibly keyboard within device manager, as you have reinstalled ehome irreceiver driver, that should not be the issue, but did you reboot prior to reinstalling.

You should have these shown in device manager

sshot-7.jpgsshot-8.jpg

teapot

February 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sorted

Cant believe it. Spend hours and hours looking for a solution and just as I am about to dose the whole thing in petrol and lob it out of the window, I find a solution

Well this is what I have found, reg mod

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]
    "EnableDebounce"=dword:00000000

Cant say I sure of what it does but it works which is good enough for me. Now I can ditch Windoze Media Centre and use something decent, MP here I come

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom