Artwork question (1 Viewer)

saitoh183

Portal Pro
May 6, 2011
Home Country
Canada Canada
Im setting up TV-Series and i was wondering if there is a workaround (other then what is in the wiki) to use our local artwork. I have over 200 series each of which i went on the TVDB and took only the artwork i wanted from each type(backdrop, Series, season poster...etc) of each show as i got them over the time and using the described method in the wiki is going to take ages to complete. From what i understand in the wiki. i would have to go in each show, then in each art type folder and drop the artwork i want to use and then rename said artwork in order to see it in the configuration menu? Is the renaming part necessary?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    We dont really support custom artwork for known series.

Sorry.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    At least you only have to do it once. And then just make sure you keep backups of your database :)

There are two ways to force your own selection of artwork on known series.

Semi-Static = disable the option for "Display random Artwork in series and season view" inside MP-TVSeries config and then inside the GUI via F9/Info -> "Artwork" -> manually select the one you wish to show. If you do not select anything, then the top rated fanart at TheTVdB is automatically selected. This is updated along the course of a series progress when new seasons come out that change cast/etc.

Semi-Dynamic = enable the option for "Display random Artwork in series and season view" inside MP-TVSeries config and then inside the GUI via F9/Info -> "Artwork" -> download the ones you wish to use, and 'disable' any artwork already downloaded that you do not wish to be used in the dynamic rotation.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    At least you only have to do it once. And then just make sure you keep backups of your database :)

Semi-Static = disable the option for "Display random Artwork in series and season view" inside MP-TVSeries config and then inside the GUI via F9/Info -> "Artwork" -> manually select the one you wish to show. If you do not select anything, then the top rated fanart at TheTVdB is automatically selected. This is updated along the course of a series progress when new seasons come out that change cast/etc.

Semi-Dynamic = enable the option for "Display random Artwork in series and season view" inside MP-TVSeries config and then inside the GUI via F9/Info -> "Artwork" -> download the ones you wish to use, and 'disable' any artwork already downloaded that you do not wish to be used in the dynamic rotation.

Thank you for your suggestion. i will probably go with semi-static since i have all the artwork downloaded and sitting in the tvshow folder

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yeah, I meant Fanart. Covers you can adjust with assigned keys inside GUI. I assigned FFW/RW to them a while ago, which might also be default now.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Thank you for your suggestion. i will probably go with semi-static since i have all the artwork downloaded and sitting in the tvshow folder

I just noticed that this doesnt apply to banners or Covers...can anything be done to change thoses?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You can cycle them by using the Cycle Poster/Banner item in the F9/Info Context Menu. You can control how many are automatically downloaded from configuration. We don't have a GUI to select them for download from with-in MediaPortal.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    thanks for the reply. I was trying the custom artwork described on the Faq page of Tv series, but it doesnt seem to work.Is it still a valid method? I copied the cover to the said location and called custom.jpg but it doesnt seem to work. I tried updating the show i was testing and restarting the config manager but still nada

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom