ASIO Music Player Plugin (1 Viewer)

What functionality would you like to be added?

• VST plugin support

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • WinAmp DSP plugin support

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • BASS DSP support

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Last.fm support

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Visualizations

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
There is only a few words to say when a program works: it works! and this program (plugin) works... congratulations!! my wishes are that mp itself works at least as this plugin does...

regards,

My wish is that you contribute something useful instead of nagging constantly

What's your problem?? :mad: I'm not nagging, i'm just giving my oppinion about this plugin... is that bad?? and about contributing.... :D :D i think that is better not to answer to that total nonsense...:mad:

regards,

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm glad to see that this plugin seems to work for more ppl then just me, allthough initially it was intended for my personal use only, wanting perfect gapless playback and a good programming excercise :D

A lot in this plugin however is based on, derived from or inspired by MediaPortal's original code, so basically it's a product of the entire MP team, with a personal touch from my side. Ok, that's said ;)

It seems that a number of ppl still can't get dts passthrough to work.

...Stereo files are working perfectly. But not ac3 and dts wav files. Based on my receiver :
    - ac3 wav files are downmixed to stereo,
    - dts wav files made hiss noise.

It seems that the sound is decoded/downmixed somewhere in MP/plugin (assumption)...

@mobile, could you create logfiles (debugmode) while playing (starting) those files? There's a lot of useful info inthere that may help.
    Your ac3 files are most likely not encoded wav files, but 'real' ac3 files. There's a structural difference between those 2. The 'real' ac3 files indeed do get decoded (and downmixed, depending on output device). As it is now, you would need to use a 6 channel analog out somehow to play those.
    And dts files sounding like hiss... looks like you have the same problem as some other users had earlier... apparently even with ASIO bitperfect playback over s/pdif does not work on all devices. I'm afraid i don't have a solution for that right now.

Regards,

Symphy

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    There is only a few words to say when a program works: it works! and this program (plugin) works... congratulations!! my wishes are that mp itself works at least as this plugin does...

regards,

My wish is that you contribute something useful instead of nagging constantly

What's your problem?? :mad: I'm not nagging, i'm just giving my oppinion about this plugin... is that bad?? and about contributing.... :D :D i think that is better not to answer to that total nonsense...:mad:

regards,

my wishes are that mp itself works at least as this plugin does...

Critisising the work that people do in their free time and telling us that you don't believe in Open Source projects, that's my problem

Any why is it nonsense to give something back to an OpenSource project, when you only have advatnages out of it?

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Why does bother you that i express my oppinion? What i think about mp is my problem, not your... and about contributing... well, i don't like to say this but... i've sent A LOT of bug reports, skin designs, comments, help to a lot of people in forums... so, i think that you should close your mouth and not make comments like that... MP is OpenSource, yes... and i use it because it's THE ONLY HTPC software available (M$ media center is very limitated). I've been using and helping in MP from many years, now using this alias, and previously using others...

Making constructive critics are not a bad thing, and yes, i make critics to MP... but i also help MP to be a better software. So, in my oppinion, if you don't like critics, please, don't read the forum... i feel that some mp programmers are a bit pride, it could be better that all of you don't cry so often and make a bug-free, well programmed MP.... Many things that i've said here, in the forums, are what a lot of people think but they doesn't say here. MP is a buggy program, it's a fact... but i also know that you and all devs are trying to give the best to MP to make it a solid-rock program, but sometime hopes are not the only needed thing, and it also needs talent to make great things...

In other hand, i think that your comments here are a bit off-topic, because i've not said here nothing about open source... if you want to discuss all of this with me, please send me a pm, and don't contaminate the forum insulting me.

regards,

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Why does bother you that i express my oppinion? What i think about mp is my problem, not your... and about contributing... well, i don't like to say this but... i've sent bug reports, skin designs, comments, help to a lot of people in forums... so, i think that you should close your mouth and not make comments like that... MP is OpenSource, yes... and i use it because it's THE ONLY HTPC software available (M$ media center is very limitated).

Making constructive critics are not a bad thing, and yes, i make critics to MP... but i also help MP to be a better software. So, in my oppinion, if you don't like critics, please, don't read the forum... i feel that some mp programmers are a bit pride, it could be better that all of you don't cry so often and make a bug-free, well programmed MP....

In other hand, i think that your comments here are a bit off-topic, because i've not said here nothing about open source... if you want to discuss all of this with me, please send me a pm, and don't contaminate the forum insulting me.

regards,
    Hi,
    Please behave in here & be polite. None have insulted you in this post, so far & now back to topic or yeah you all know ;)

Regards
    Roy

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    You are right ronilse, i'm sorry for going off topic with my comments, but i don't like to be attacked only for giving my point of view about MP.

regards, and sorry again...

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tip for S/PDIF

Those who still have troubles with DTS over S/PDIF might want to check this (if not already done):

Check if your sound device has a setting somewhere for the S/PDIF output that allows you to choose between "audio" and "non-audio". When using ASIO, it is probably left at its default of "audio", also when playing DTS. It should be set to "non-audio".
    I've been told that some decoders/receivers do not recognise the signal as being DTS if the "non-audio" flag is not present. They will play it as if it was normal stereo, resulting in noise.

I'm currently looking into another way to perform DTS/DD passthrough: the same method used by most DVD software for AC3 over S/PDIF. If we get that working, then finally ALL devices outthere with "AC3/DTS passthrough" in their specs should be supported, without having to use ASIO4ALL. So don't give up on MP yet :)

Regards,
    Symphy

Itisme

Portal Member
    February 1, 2006
    good news!!

i have not a mentioned option for my spdif output.
    I have a option digital output or digital and analog output, will try that tonight because i'm at work now.

mobile

November 8, 2007
    Thx Symphy for your advice.

I will test it in Mediaportal and select "do not use audio features device".
    I am wondering how this will work with other applications like Media player classic which seems not using ASIO.
    keep all posted.
    Mobile.

floepie

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can give you only a suggestion I'm sure you won't like.
    Simply invest about another 20 EUR and buy one auido card with a C-MEDIA 8738/8768 chip.
    Then download the alternate sounddriver from http://cmediadrivers.googlepages.com and forget about ASIO and all the other things causing problems and simply enjoy hasslefree bitperfect audio of 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz and properly passthroungh of AC3 (DTS and DD).

A list of tested soundcards is available on the link I supplied.

grubi.

Do you know if any inexpensive USB soundcards with above chipset exist? My HTPC is a Shuttle whose only PCI slot is occupied by a TV tuner:( .

EDIT: Upon further investigating this, it appears this chipset is used only for PCI audio setups.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom