ASIO Music Player Plugin (1 Viewer)

What functionality would you like to be added?

• VST plugin support

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • WinAmp DSP plugin support

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • BASS DSP support

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Last.fm support

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Visualizations

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

synthdood

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am currently experimenting with software upsampling and doing sound comparisons. I’m tending towards recapturing my CD collection (currently in lossless .wmv) from the original CDs using EAC, and then storing 24 bit/96khz upsampled data on my disk (approx 1.5 Gb per CD).

What's the point in storing the upsampled data. Isn't it possible to do the upsampling 'on-the-fly'. This way you can store the double amount of CD's.

I guess it would all depend on the quality of the upsampling algorithm. If (slow) offline upsampling renders better results than realtime upsampling it would be useful.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm attaching a debug logfile, it looks ok to me, but you'll know what you're looking for better than I can.
    Looks ok to me too :) The file you play is recognised as DTS. I only noticed that the ASIO channels are all 16 bit, while all other devices i've seen safar they are 32 bit. Should work nevertheless though...

Symphy

Oh bother, I've found another problem. I play my music directly from the Shares view (Have test, and found the same problem with a playlist). When I select a song in a directory, when that song is finished, it should move onto, and play, the next song in order. However, it seems to hang the display for about a minute or so after finishing the song, then just stops and doesnt play any further. While its hanging, I can hear my remote commands being received by the PC, but nothing happens. After its stopped haging, I can move on and select the next song manually, but it only seems to play 1 song each time before stopping. Hmm, I though it was ok now, because after selecting the 3rd song manually, it went on and played the 4th ok, but then stopped again.

Is this a known problem, or should I post another log with this happening?
    A logfile will be most helpfull :)

Symphy

Hi all

Back in Nov there was some interesting discussion in this thread about merits of upsampling/oversampling music in either software or the DAC. I have found the following document, entitled "The art of building computer transports" v0.3, to be very interesting on this subject and I have certainly gained a little more understanding from it. It can be accessed at either of the following:

http://imageevent.com/cics/v03thear...q474t2.kizo_s?p=0&n=1&m=1&c=1&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=pcaudio&m=23886

One suggestion offered is to avoid DACs or upsamplers which work in multiples of the original sampling rate. This is where I was reminded of the postings in this thread.

I am currently experimenting with software upsampling and doing sound comparisons. I’m tending towards recapturing my CD collection (currently in lossless .wmv) from the original CDs using EAC, and then storing 24 bit/96khz upsampled data on my disk (approx 1.5 Gb per CD). All made viable by the use of this plugin!

Just thought I'd just share this with people interested in this thread. Hope you get something from it also.

Interesting document, will have to read that more closely. And yep, we can play 24/96 :)

What functionality would you like to be added?
    Missing option: Crossfading :) (I just love it)

That set the crossfading-request counter to 2 :)

What's the point in storing the upsampled data. Isn't it possible to do the upsampling 'on-the-fly'. This way you can store the double amount of CD's.

At least it allows one to use an advanced upsampling algorithm that's not available in MP.

Hi,

I installed a Trends Audio UD-10 today. I think there is a conflict between the UD-10 and Media Portal. I use the Pure Audio plugin with ASIO4all. When I stop a radio stream or a song, I get an error that says: Media Portal has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. However I still can continue playing. I attached the log files. Can someone help me?
    It's not related to the UD-10 as far as i can see. What i make from the logs (correct me if i'm wrong): First the webstream was started from My Music, causing it to be played with PureAudio. Then the same stream was restarted from My Radio, causing it to be played with the standard BASS player.

Here the 2 players (sharing the same BASS library) conflict with eachother. You can avoid this by stopping playback first and then go into My Radio.
    Note that you cannot use My Radio in combination with the PureAudio plugin, it always uses the internal BASS player or dshow player.

GWI

Portal Member
    August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    What happens: the audio stream in my radio starts when I start MP. When I stop this stream I get an error message. This ony happens when the UD-10 is connected. Second problem: In the setup I seleced the UD-10 as audio device but Media Portal still uses my internal Realtek soundcard??? When I look at the setup for Asio4all, the UD-10 is running and the Realtek is inactive???

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What happens: the audio stream in my radio starts when I start MP.
    First we have to find out why this happens and what is starting it. My Radio or My Music? try the following:
    In MP config -> Music -> Playlist settings, switch off: "Resume last playlist when re-entering My Music"

When I stop this stream I get an error message. This ony happens when the UD-10 is connected.
    What does the message say? (Logfiles)

Second problem: In the setup I seleced the UD-10 as audio device but Media Portal still uses my internal Realtek soundcard??? When I look at the setup for Asio4all, the UD-10 is running and the Realtek is inactive???
    If the PureAudio plugin is enabled and pointing to ASIO4ALL, this proofs something is played from My Radio (or maybe another module/plugin that ignores player plugins.) What exactly are you starting from where that playes over the realtek?

I would remove all webstreams from My Radio (simply clear the radio streams folder if you use .pls or .asx files) and only have them listed under My Music (.asx is the way to go here)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thread moved to: MediaPortal Forum > MediaPortal 1 > Community Skins and Plugins > Plugins > Hot Plugins > ASIO music player :)

GWI

Portal Member
    August 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I attached another logfile. The music is now playing via the UD-10. I disabled the Realtek. What yu should see in the logfile is that I started My Music, I selected a song an played it. When I do anything with my remote (Microsoft), stop the song or go bck to the prvious menu, the error message appears. However the song continues playing.

JayRoe

Portal Member
    May 20, 2007
    I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I'm not able to use VLC Player in "My Online Videos" whenever the Asio Music Player Plugin is enabled. Disabling all the extentions in the Asio Music Player Plugin doesn't help and unless I disable the plugin all together I won't be able to play files like .mov.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom