MPEG2 Video Codec: DScaler
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC01
Cooling: dunno. V quiet whatever it is.
Power Supply: Jeantech 450W
Remote: MCE Euro
TV: Toshiba 32WLT66 HD LCD
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI
I've finally taken the plunge and upgraded from 0.2.2 to 0.2.3 with TV server. Only carried out last night so not too much experience with it yet but it appears to be working so far.

My main observation / annoyance is the aspect ratios. I use DVB-T most of the time. With the old TV plugin using DScaler on Normal aspect ratio setting, I would always get a correct aspect ratio viewing. It would happilly switch between 16:9 and 4:3 according to what was on. Now, everything comes in as 4:3 and I have to toggle between Normal and Stretch. I'm using .ts if that matters.

Any workarounds? I'll play with other codecs later tonight to see if that helps but I observed the same with MPV.

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Hopefully on my bike.
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
TV server wasn't working for me. Biggest issue being I couldn't change channel without going into Live TV then turning TV off and on again.

Everything is much more stable and usable when I work with the internal TV engine.

Oddly enough, aspect ratios only work reliably when Timeshift is on. But I can live with that.

bigflause

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
the strech feature is the only thing that works for me. TVe3 seems to have lots of issues hopefully they are hard at it trying to make a stable version afterall it is still beta.

I would like to everything intergreated so you don't have to fanny about with SQL and install 3 different apps. 1 solid program

NorthernJohn

Portal Pro
January 31, 2006
Hopefully on my bike.
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
the strech feature is the only thing that works for me. TVe3 seems to have lots of issues hopefully they are hard at it trying to make a stable version afterall it is still beta.

I would like to everything intergreated so you don't have to fanny about with SQL and install 3 different apps. 1 solid program

I understand where you're coming from but I'd prefer it if the server worked. The benefit of having a service that runs and records all your schedules, without MP needing to be open is a step forward IMO. Once stable it will be much better, even for single seat usage like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom