Asterisk CallerID plugin continues (2 Viewers)

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I didn't seem to need the 2nd line. It seemed to break any DID number I put against it, returning a "603 Declined" from asterisk to my ISP. Not sure what that's all about.

I only wanted one DID number to pop-up in Mediaportal, so I just put my DID number into the first line as you described.

Many thanks, exactly the tip I needed.

That 2nd line is for the 1.6.x asterisk servers, with the stdexten macro. Guess it doesn't work in some of the other distributions, glad it works for you.

piti31

Portal Member
    September 13, 2010
    Hi,

can anyone give me a clue where i have a chance to find the latest version of this plugin?
    In download section of the plugin repository i find only an old version that does not run on my system.
    A link to newer versions are not seen in this Thread or in the wiki.

Hopefully that anyone can help.....

MageMinds

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Wow, here is one dead thread coming back to life!

I'm using YAC plugin that come natively with MP.

Using CallerID Superfecta (google that) you have the ability to send the caller id to YAC plugin pretty easily.

I myself have a little bit more complex setup that I have hacked together using the command line and editing the custom config files and using custom application in FreePBX. When I did it, Superfecta didn't had this option, I would use that if I had to reconfigure today.

For the record I'm using PBX in a Flash, best distro available, with the best user group forum...

MageMinds

piti31

Portal Member
    September 13, 2010
    Thank you for that.
    To find and install Superfecta was no Problem. To configure the part in MP looks not so smart....
    Yes, the Plugin is there, i can enable it...and thats all. I tested it on more than one machine, all the same.

Give me a hint whats going wrong. I will also search for that problem.

MageMinds

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Those machines have a firewall enabled? If yes open the TCP port 10629 on them, it's the port MP will listen on for YAC messages. In Superfecta you did enter the IP address of your MediaPortal, right?

In theory, when you test Superfecta (with the test box) it should send the information to your YAC.

piti31

Portal Member
    September 13, 2010
    My God, you are so fast that i haven't the possibility anything figure out. :)
    Thank you for your very fast help!
    Will try and report.

MageMinds

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I was somehow still monitoring this thread, so I received an email when you woke the thread up...

Good luck, I'll be back tomorrow to answer your questions if any!

piti31

Portal Member
    September 13, 2010
    ok, i installed superfecta on trixbox. added a loockup source for superfecta, points to 127.0.0.1, username and password.
    I changed the inbound route cid lookup to superfecta and configured the default profile in which way superfecta search for the numbers. but where i have to set the destination IP where asterisk have to send the Informations that i want to have displayed on the mediaportal box?
    i hope my questions are not too stupid, if you have a qood side where i can look by myself without stealing your time, would be great for me.

Shame on me, a lot of them.....
    Found my failure. Seems to work now. Many thanks to you.

so i see 2 questions for me....how can i also see the popup on screen for internal calls?
    And how i can configure that i also receive a popup for not known numbers?
    At the moment i will see only if one of the sources find a entry in there databases or my own phonebook.

MageMinds

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm glad you got it working ...

For internal calls you'll have to play with custom config files and believe me you don't want to do this and even less if you are the kind of guy that upgrade its setup once in a while...

For the unknown numbers, I can't say really, since I'm not really using Superfecta to send me my YAC I didn't know that unknown numbers aren't sent. I'd say that when the phone ring and you doesn't see the popup it's an unknown number :-P

Does your ITSP send you the caller id name? If yes then you should set your first source to "Trunk Provided". In my case it was necessary because my ITSP deon't provide the me with CallerID Name... Only the number. I have several source that works pretty well for my location and I have a last one that I pay for each lookup and this one is the same database that Telco uses, if you're interested in this last one it's called Welcome to Asterisk CNAM they give off 30 lookup for free...

If you want to modify your dialplan here is what you need

exten => 801,1,System(/bin/echo -n -e "${CALLERID(name)}\\n${CALLERID(num)}\\n" | nc -w 1 10.77.2.20 10629)

Don't ask me how to do it, this is way beyond the scope of this forum... Not counting that every installation is different. Personally this line is followed by a Goto(ext-group,601,1) so when I dial 801 it send the YAC to my MP, then goto rigning my ring group 601. I have a custom destination setup and I can send my calls to there. It works pretty well.

piti31

Portal Member
    September 13, 2010
    That looks very complicated to me, i will have to life with this solution i have now.
    This Morning i would show my wife this, i played a DVD and called myself with a known number. No Popup.
    Can it be that it is not possible to display the popup while dvd is playing?

I do not realy understand how that all is so complicate. The easyiest way would be, in my eyes, to have a plugin that register as SIP Client to the asterisk. Put it in the ringgroups you want to see all external and internal calls that i can easy configure on the asterisk. And maybe it would like to implement a possibility to accept the call and talk via MP. So not only a popup for the caller.
    Now you will say: Great, do it. Sadly i can only write little programms in php or wsh.
    But maybe anyone reads this and have the wisdom to write such plugin^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom