Asterisk CallerID plugin continues (1 Viewer)

ZeroX

Portal Pro
October 26, 2005
Karlstad
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Cool =)

You're right, Sweden uses DTMF. But if I setup another computer with Asterix and connect a old, analouge modem to it, I could get caller-ID working?

Hi! Jeinhor!

first of all i'm sry if I brook any of the forum rules!

take a look at VoIP-Forum.se for alot more information about asterisk and how to incorporate it with a PSTN line!

GregorV

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
new release

Asterisk Caller ID new release for RC2 uploaded (see 1st post).
Just to be actual - old release still works fine, but have seen occasional exceptions.

Have fun
Gregor

urev

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 7, 2005
    Germany
    yac

Sorry, for repeating the question, but a lot of people are using yac, since it is already incorporated in MP as a standard plugin. As I understand, yac-format is fairly easy; the yac-server sends out packets with yac-information. So the client has to listen on a dedicated port for yac-messages - that's all.

I would really appreciate if you could check if yac-support is possible for you.

bye, urev

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Is there any further development on this plugin? Hope so, because its a great idea.

I've got a problem with MP crashing as it exits with this plugin enabled. It also stops presenting caller id after a while - not sure what causes that. Logs attached.

MageMinds

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I stopped using that plugin and now use YAC which work very well compare to that plugin that works only when it's sunny outside... I also was annoyed by all the internal call and I was receiving a popup when anyone in the house was making an outside call...

I now have a custom system line that send a string to the YAC listener within MP. I use FreePBX as a WebGUI of Asterisk, which is very common, to add informations I use the distribution of Elastix.

Here is what I've done to use YAC.

In the file /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf I added a section as follow:
    Code:
    [from-pstn-custom]
    exten => _.,1,System(/bin/echo -n -e "${CALLERID(name)}\\n${CALLERID(num)}\\n" | nc -w 1 10.77.2.20 10629)

As you can see 10.77.2.20 is the IP address of MP 10629 is the YAC listening port. You can even add a other line to send the caller id to your computer using a YAC listener for Windows, you could also be able to find one for Mac and Linux.

Here is the second line I use
    Code:
    exten => _.,2,System(/bin/echo -n -e "@CALL${CALLERID(name)}~${CALLERID(num)}\\0" | nc -w 1 10.0.0.16 10629)
    This is my listener at work and I have a constant VPN between work and home so I take advantage of it.

Since I have a SIP only setup I even receive caller id on my screen before my phone connected to ATAs begin to ring.

MageMinds

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks MageMinds... that works great...... would be nice if the YAC plugin was a bit more configurable like this one, but at least it appears to work solidly now.:D

A couple of questions....

I've setup the internal Asterisk phone directory so that I can get some caller names, which is working on the IP Phones, but for some reason isn't being picked up by CALLERID(name) variable in your config line. I took a wireshark trace and could see that the only thing being passed to MP was the number. Any ideas?

Also, is there any way to filter on which DID's you want to display incoming caller notifications? I have a couple of PSTN trunks through SPA3102's, as well as a couple SIP trunks with inbound DID's, and would like to turn of display on some of the lines (as they are work and who wants to know about a work call while you're watching a movie ;) )

BTW, I'm using trixbox / freepbx, which tends to keep me out of the config files most of the time, so this is a case of not having enough knowledge I'm sure.

MageMinds

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    For the CallerID lookup, it's normal, because the echo command is being send before the lookup, so the variable CALLERID(name) is not yet populated. I have tried to put the command elsewhere but I havend had luck for now. Me too I want to be able to send the command only when the phone call ring my ring group, if it's being handled by the PBX I don't want to know...

I'm using Elastix which is basically the same thing as trixbox, but this one doesn't have the tendency to make you pay when you ask questions on their forum. Trixbox and Elastis uses the same WebGUI that is called FreePBX only the skin is being changed in both distribution, but the real brain behind the ease of use of Asterisk is really FreePBX, this is the one that rewrite all the config file for you.

We have to find the right custom file to put the command in. I found the [ext-goup] section that include a [ext-group-custom] but I had no luck making it work, is seem the include is being made at the end of the loading of the dialplan and I don't understand. I asked a question on the Elastix forum, but haven't received any reply yet.

MageMinds

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks MageMinds... that works great...... would be nice if the YAC plugin was a bit more configurable like this one, but at least it appears to work solidly now.:D

A couple of questions....

I've setup the internal Asterisk phone directory so that I can get some caller names, which is working on the IP Phones, but for some reason isn't being picked up by CALLERID(name) variable in your config line. I took a wireshark trace and could see that the only thing being passed to MP was the number. Any ideas?

Also, is there any way to filter on which DID's you want to display incoming caller notifications? I have a couple of PSTN trunks through SPA3102's, as well as a couple SIP trunks with inbound DID's, and would like to turn of display on some of the lines (as they are work and who wants to know about a work call while you're watching a movie ;) )

BTW, I'm using trixbox / freepbx, which tends to keep me out of the config files most of the time, so this is a case of not having enough knowledge I'm sure.

I only have 1 DID, however you should be able to use a similar config.

Thanks to MageMind's extension entry I have this working:

exten => 1234567890,1,System(/bin/echo -n -e "${CALLERID(name)}\\n${CALLERID(num)}\\n" | nc -w 1 192.168.123.80 10629)
    exten => 1234567890,2,Gosub(stdexten(100,SIP/spa2102)

Put your DID in place of 1234567890. The key though is that you have the 1 for the CID line, and the 2 for your regular DID ring line.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I didn't seem to need the 2nd line. It seemed to break any DID number I put against it, returning a "603 Declined" from asterisk to my ISP. Not sure what that's all about.

I only wanted one DID number to pop-up in Mediaportal, so I just put my DID number into the first line as you described.

Many thanks, exactly the tip I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom