Asus Digimatrix (1 Viewer)

L

lingus

How good is this piece of kit with media portal? i'm in a right pickle as to what to buy, do i get the Shuttle ST62K or the Asus Digimatrix, the Asus Pundit-R or the LC11M with bits inside.

Someone help i'm really lost and i feel i have only just hit the top of the iceberg.

Ta
Jeff

L

lingus

Anyone got any opinions? i must say i favour the digimatrix now seeing that it works with MP now with plugins and i only plan to use it as a HTPC

Helza

Portal Pro
April 29, 2004
I ordered one for myself to try out... however it will take 1,5 weeks before my processor will arrive and who knows how long before the digimatrix itself ;(

The digimatrix is hard to come by here in the netherlands, not many shops have it..

L

lingus

The UK seems to be quite good for getting hold of most of the small barebones eg the digimatrix

Helza

Portal Pro
April 29, 2004
Well i received my Digimatrix and installed everything.. so here are my first impressions:

It looks awesome :) it was even smaller then i expected...

Sound is good, its very quiet (only short noise when starting up, after that quiet, except for the HD loading).

VGA, couldn't set 1280x768.. had to use a registry change to get it.. but that only works for VGA not DVI (i use VGA). However the information is not send correctly (its compressed to 1024x768, and i have to set my TV to widescreen to strech it back)

TV quality, decent.. haven't tryed to much yet .. (no timeshift available? need to take a look into that)

Remote: sucks, buttons need to be pressed too hard, but its very sensitive, so you it often overreacts.. However i did find a Girder plugin/driver so i should be able to use my HP remote as the digimatrix receiver should accept all signals.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom