ASUS My Cinema PCI Combo TV Tuner Card PS3-110 (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is there a way to prevent this noise from being displayed?
    Yes. Set the video standard, frame size and frame rate settings correctly:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/02_TV_Servers/5_Scan_Analog#Settings

When there is noise, it means either the input video properties/dimensions aren't matched with the tuner output configuration and/or video encoder input/output configuration.

Try the following combinations of settings:
    • video standard = NTSC_M, frame size = 720x480, frame rate = 29.97
    • video standard = PAL_B, frame size = 720x576, frame rate = 25
    Normally one of them should get rid of the problem.
    You need to restart the PC for changes to take effect.

rmppod

Portal Member
    June 27, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have downloaded and installed MediaPortalSetup_1.13.0_Final and am having problems getting MediaPortal Clent to tune TV channels. Several times I have gotten the BSOD when I clicked TV on button. The exception codes displayed with the BSOD are BAD_POOL_HEADER and IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE. The BAD_POOL_HEADER exection occurs most when the BSOD occurs.

I have done a clean install and am now trying to be sure the TV server is functioning correctly. Before trying any analog channels, I wanted to ensure the QAM 256 channels were available. The scanning function for the ATSC ASUS PS3-110-BDA ATSC Tuner was successful and around 22 channels were detected. To be sure I was able to display a channel, I tried to do a preview of one of the channels from the TV channels menu. After the preview button was pressed, the TV server hung up.

I was able to retrieve the following information concerning the TV server problem::

MediaPortal TV server Configuration problem executing preview channel

Action Time: 2/22/2016 10:13:23 AM
    Description: Software Crash SetupTv.exe
    Filename Full Path : C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\SetupTv.exe
    More Information: SetupTv.exe, 1.13.0.0, 566fbdd4, divxdec.ax, 5.0.5.830, 3ea73df2, c0000005, 00087001, 2a14, 01d16d83752d2f34, C:\Program Files (x86)\Team
    MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\SetupTv.exe, C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\divxdec.ax, 3646a0ee-00cb-4601-9e9f-4b725f5e8c52, ,
    File Extension: exe

Driver version for the ASUS PS3-110-BDA is 10.5.40.1.

I have attached the log files.

Is there a conflict between 32 and 64 bit OS?

For one instance both analog and QAM 256 channels seem to work under the pre-release version of MediaPortal.

Any guidance concerning this issue would be greatly appreciated.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

I have downloaded and installed MediaPortalSetup_1.13.0_Final...
    Okay, I'm confused. :confused:
    In your previous post you described a minor problem with analog TV.
    Solving that problem definitely didn't require a MediaPortal update.
    I gave you clear instructions on how to solve it.
    ...so what happened?
    Why did you decide to update MediaPortal?

Several times I have gotten the BSOD when I clicked TV on button.
    BSODs are almost always indicators of driver or hardware problems.

The log files show problems every time you try to use the analog tuner. So, I suspect your problem may be with the tuner's driver or analog configuration (frame rate, size etc., as described in my previous reply).

Instead of clicking "TV On", I suggest you try clicking the "channels" button and selecting a digital "QAM 256" channel and see if that works.

I also suggest you fix your MediaPortal Configuration:
    1. In MediaPortal Configuration, remove (delete) the post-processing configuration that you've added for video and TV, as shown here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Configuration/2_Videos/7_Video_Postprocessing
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ortal_Configuration/22_TV/3_TV_Postprocessing

I can see you added "ATI MPEG Video Encoder", "ATI MPEG Video Decoder", "ATI MPEG Audio Encoder" and "ATI MPEG Audio Decoder" in each case. You should remove all of them. They can cause videos and/or TV to fail to play.
    I guess you got confused when you were trying to get TV Server to use the ATI encoders?

2. In MediaPortal Configuration, ensure your TV codec configuration is as shown here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

...except for audio renderer, which should be "default DirectSound device".

To be sure I was able to display a channel, I tried to do a preview of one of the channels from the TV channels menu. After the preview button was pressed, the TV server hung up.
    Don't use preview for testing. It's really as simple as that.

The preview function entirely depends on your system (Windows) having appropriate codec configuration. The fact that you get a crash which references divxdec.ax (ie. the DivX codec) indicates your system's codec configuration is not good. Technically you could fix this problem by configuring codec merits using FilMerit or similar. However it's quite "involved" (technical, challenging) - not something where anybody could provide you step-by-step instructions. Also, more importantly, in my opinion there's not much point because preview is not a good indicator of whether MediaPortal or TV Server are working correctly. MediaPortal can (and more often than not does) work when preview is not working because you can specify exactly which codecs MediaPortal should use.

If you want to test if TV Server is working, I recommend you use the manual control section in TV Server Configuration.
    If you want to test if you're able to "display a channel", I recommend you use MediaPortal.

Is there a conflict between 32 and 64 bit OS?
    No.

rmppod

Portal Member
    June 27, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I appreciate your patience with me concerning my efforts to set up MediaPortal. In response to your last reply, I tried changing the settings you suggested to eliminate the noise. to no avail. Before installing 1.13.0_Final, I installed a client on my laptop and was able to stream an analog channel without the noise. I decided to uninstall 1.13.0_PreRelease and do a fresh install. Since 1.13.0_Final was available, I decided to down load the most current release.

I did get confused concerning the encoder/decoders and have cleared this issue up. I removed and reinstalled the Tuning Card driver and this seemed to eliminate the BSOD issue.

Another setting may have caused some problem was pairing the analog and digital tuner as a hybrid tuner. I understand now this is done to allow access to the Digital Tuner and the Analog Tuner at the same time across the network. After cleaning up these issues and using the manual control to verify channels. I was able to tune both analog and digital channels on the client. Also, the analog screen did not have the noise I was seeing before.

Previously, in my quest to find the encoder/decoder, while running the PreRelease version, I down loaded and installed some programs with CODECs. I must have lucked up on the correct combination for the preview function to work. I was able to get a preview display one or two times. On experiencing my current problem, I uninstalled the programs providing the CODECs. After getting the final release version to work, I reinstalled the CODECs and was able to get a preview screen. It took a minute or two for the screen to appear. Only a single frame or two of Video was being displayed and the sound was live. I agree, the manual method is the best way to verify channels.

I have attached a current version of my log files.

Again, I appreciate your help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I appreciate your patience...
    No problem, and thanks for the explanation. :)

I did get confused concerning the encoder/decoders and have cleared this issue up.
    Yep, this looks better now. (y)

Another setting may have caused some problem was pairing the analog and digital tuner as a hybrid tuner.
    To be clear: having the tuners paired as a hybrid tuner is/was the right thing to do. I would recommend that you recreate/reconfigure the hybrid group.

I understand now this is done to allow access to the Digital Tuner and the Analog Tuner at the same time across the network.
    Your understanding seems to be incorrect. The purpose of pairing the tuners is to inform TV Server that it cannot use both at the same time. With a hybrid tuner, it is not possible to tune analog and digital channels at the same time. That is because in physical terms there is actually only one tuner. Hybrid means that the tuner supports tuning analog and digital channels... but just not at the same time.

I have attached a current version of my log files.
    Okay, I'm a little bit unsure what you need help with now.

You've said that the BSOD issue appears to have been resolved, so that's crossed off the list.
    Are we back to the noise issue?

P.S. Looking at your configuration I don't think you've yet followed this advice.
    2. In MediaPortal Configuration, ensure your TV codec configuration is as shown here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

...except for audio renderer, which should be "default DirectSound device".

This is important. Please double-check.
    I can see that your video codec settings are all good, however the TV codec settings (TV codecs tab) are still not taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom