Asus Remote plugin for Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

BennieBoy

Portal Pro
April 22, 2005
Maastricht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

it depends what you want to do with the play button.
For instance, when you select a song (mp3) and press the play button, nothing happens. But when you press the middle button (just below the big selector) the song starts to play. With the play/pauze button, you can now play and pauze.

Do the other buttons do what you expect them to do?

With regards,
Ben

BennieBoy

Portal Pro
April 22, 2005
Maastricht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I used autohotkey www.autohotkey.com to redefine the keys to something MP understood. What it does is mapping keys or keycombinations to another key or action.

The silver Remote which comes with the Asus 7134 behaves itself as a keyboard, so you can redefine the keys to do all kind of tasks.

Girder is doing the same, but next of not being free of charge, it also gave me problems.

Greetz,
Ben[/url]

mazou

Portal Pro
October 19, 2005
Brest
Home Country
France France
BennieBoy said:
Hi,

I used autohotkey www.autohotkey.com to redefine the keys to something MP understood. What it does is mapping keys or keycombinations to another key or action.

The silver Remote which comes with the Asus 7134 behaves itself as a keyboard, so you can redefine the keys to do all kind of tasks.

Girder is doing the same, but next of not being free of charge, it also gave me problems.

Greetz,
Ben[/url]
Thank you, I will test.

mazou

Portal Pro
October 19, 2005
Brest
Home Country
France France
BennieBoy said:
Hi,

Greetz,
Ben[/url]

Can you send me your *.ahk file so that I understand operation well.
My mail : mazou@fr.st

Hansomfiser

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Bennie: does this plugin work with 0.1.3.0 or do I need an older version to make it work? I couldnt get it to work with my Asus tv/fmcard (the silver remote that's supposed to work).
I can like nagivate in the program menus but no switching of channels/increase-decrease of volume.
And after a while it seems to give no replies at all on my button presses on the remote. Strange?

BennieBoy

Portal Pro
April 22, 2005
Maastricht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

It sound like it is not running at all. The navigation keys are not remapped, so should always work. Is the green "H" in your taskbar? But I will check with 2.0 when it is released.

As stated, it is not a real plugin. It is a separate program which just remaps the remote's keys to keys understood by MP.

It should be compatible on all versions of MP, or keys should have changed in the mean time.

The Silver remote behaves itself as a keyboard. When you do not use the remapping plugin, you can open wordpad and press the 0,1,2-9 keys and you should see those presses in wordpad. (I was just thinking, you can do this with the remapping program running too, because the remapping program checks if MP is the current active application, if not, it does nothing).

Be carefull about the toggle switch, it will make a mouse out of your remote and some keys will behave different.

I'm using MP 1.3 without problem.

Greetz,
Ben

Hansomfiser

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Bennie: Thanks for your reply.
I have the H program started, and I don't see any difference in the functions of the remote in Media Portal.
I mean, I can't switch channels up and down, I can only press 1-9 and it feels kinda "sticky" and it won't answer quick enough like in InterVideo Home Theater, although my stuff is brand new.
With this said, I mean that I don't get the "correct" button commands even though I have the program started up nor don't, it still won't give me correct button presses.

Is there anything I should set under Remote settings in Media Portal?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom