Asus Remote plugin for Mediaportal (2 Viewers)

medaust

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Home Country
Hi Bennie,

Thanks for your reply. I have a MP machine in the lounge, which I am using all the time. I am in the process of setting up another MP machine, and incredibly I can not easily find a Microsoft MCE remote on sale in Australia. I have an Avermedia TV card, an Asus TV card and a Winfast TV card already, just don't want to get another Huapauge card just to use the remote.

Your program will be really handy if I can get it to work, I will try it on the new machine on weekend. In fact, most of the time, I only use the UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, ENTER(OK), BACK(ESCAPE) and HOME. Although, direct access to TV, Video & Music would be great.

Thanks again

Medaust

medaust

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Home Country
Hi Bennie,

I still need your help. I install MP on a new machine, and run your program, but there is no effect. I can not use Escape, Home or volumen up & down.

Could you point me a direction I can look into? Or how can I remap the keys with AutoHotKey? I need to find out what the original keys are for the Asus remote - like home, volume up & down. If I use notepad, there is nothing appears when I press those keys.

Thanks

Medaust

BennieBoy

Portal Pro
April 22, 2005
Maastricht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I added 2 extra files to the ZIP
They are called Rude*

This new file will not check whether or not Mediaportal is running, so should always send the converted keys.
Another way to check if the normal script is working is by creating a new file with he name mediaportal.txt
Open it and see if the 7 and 8 keys are normally working. If they are sill working, than the script does not what it should.

With kind regards,
Ben

medaust

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Home Country
Hi Bennie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to upload the files. I tried them in MP and notepad, they don't seem to work. What could be missing?

Does your script also change the keyboard input too? When I typed with keyboard, they don't have any effect either.

Cheers

Medaust

DreD

Portal Member
April 20, 2006
Älmhult
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just a small question, does this file work for the ASUS remote that's included in the ASUS eee Box B206?
asus-eeewireless-keyboard-and-mouse-01.jpg

BennieBoy

Portal Pro
April 22, 2005
Maastricht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
DreD,

Try the following:
Do not install a thing (but the usb receiver)
Open notepad
Press the 1, 2, 3, 4 button and see if they are shown in notepad.
If so, you are able to control MP.
Maybe without doing a thing.
Maybe you have to play around with the different controls you can set in MP.
Or you can use autohotkey to program the keys yourself
If it is 100% compatible with mine (which looks completely different) you can use my scripts.

Greetz,
Ben

DreD

Portal Member
April 20, 2006
Älmhult
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
DreD,

Try the following:
Open notepad
If it is 100% compatible with mine (which looks completely different) you can use my scripts.

Greetz,
Ben

I'll have to give it a go then and see what happens.
I'll return with the results in a week when I'm back home again.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
DreD,

Try the following:
Open notepad

Greetz,
Ben

Hi, just tried it on my new ASUS eee Box B206 and the numbers appeared! Does this mean it should work?

Thanks

BennieBoy

Portal Pro
April 22, 2005
Maastricht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yep, it should work.
You may use the script provided or install autohotkey and make your own mappings if you want.

Succes,
Ben

OPN

Portal Member
July 14, 2009
I dont know where to put these files in mediaportal ? can someone help me? i will bookmark this page thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom