ATI 550 pro : worse picture in MP than in Powercinema 3.0 (1 Viewer)

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
Area: TV
MP Version: 0.1.3.0
Skin: default
Windows Version: XP professional SP2
CPU Type: intel Northwood 2.8 HT
Memory: 1GB dual channel ddr
Motherboard Chipset: intel 865
Video Card: Gigabyte nvidia geforce 6600GT passive
Video Card Driver: 81.85
Video Card Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @60p (monitor) / 576 x 720 @50i (nvidia custom timings) (tv)
Video Render Type: VMR9 renderless
Video Codec Type & Version: Nvidia purevideo 1.02.177
Audio Codec Type & Version: unshure
TV Card: Terratec T^2
TV Card Type: DVB-T
TV Card Driver: Beta BDA 2.1.0.10
TV Card: Saphire theatrix 550 pro
TV Card Type: analog PAL cable, hardware MPEG2
TV Card Driver: ATI Theater 550 Pro TV Tuner Drivers - 6.14.10.102
Optional Log:
Optional References:
Using Silverstone lc 16m-s with iMon VFD and iMon PAD remotecontrol.

My Sapphire theatrix (= ATI 550 pro analog tv-tuner with mpeg2 encoder) produces a much poorer picture in MediaPortal than using the Powercinema software that accompanied the card. Anyone else observe this? I tried using Graphedit to find out what was going on, but couldnt inspect Powercinema. One of the filters when using MP had a parameter set to NTSC, when I have setup my system for PAL. Dunno if that is the problem.

Problems: Little green dots in the bottom 1/3 of the picture. Picture is panned too far down (last line of text is invisible, while there is a 5" black border on the top of the picture).

My idea is that the capture card finds 625 tv-lines (PAL), while my desktop is setup for 576 lines (PAL, active lines), and somehow the last lines are chopped at the bottom, rather than scaled or symmetrically chopped.

By the way, I have played with all picture format settings in MP and the graphic card drivers. It doesnt work because its the video stream in to MP that is affected it seems.

best regards
Knut Inge

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
Some channels are well centered, others are way off.

Via graphedit I found that the tuner reported 625 lines (=PAL), but one of the boxes still reported NTSC.

I also think that the picture is less shaky in PowerCinema. Perhaps it understands that I have interlaced input as well as output and does no attempt at de-interlacing?

dragongc

Portal Member
October 11, 2005
Poland
Same problem here with green dots. I solved PAL issue by changing manualy all programs in MP config. But i have one more issue - video signal is poorer than on my 20 years old 14" TV (signal strenght in mp config is 100%).

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
I have manually changed to PAL in the setup for each channel. Solved the problem and now I actually have great analog quality. Just frustrating that I cant mess with the comb filter/noise filter/mpeg2 settings...

regards
Knut Inge

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom