ATI Catalayst 8.9 out now! (1 Viewer)

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Just in case anyone's missed it these were released yesterday.

And this sounds nice form the release notes!

This release of Catalyst™ introduces 1080p @ 50Hz custom mode support for HDTVs for the ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series, and ATI Radeon X1000 Series of products. :)

Also wonder if this is why some people are having probs with changing channels between HD and SD in tvserver? If so it's fixed now apparently :)

· Switching from h.264 to MPEG2 video titles no longer results in the operating system failing to respond. Further details can be found in topic number 737-37322

Cheers

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    ohhh sounds good. will have to update!

Don't quite understand the 1080p @ 50hz though - I can do that already! I guess theres somethign special about "custom mode"

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can use powerstrip to add the necessary registry values (just like adding the PAL@50HZ resolution) as well. After that and applying the new resolution it can be deinstalled again.

Edit: No issues with 8.9 here.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    This release of Catalyst™ introduces 1080p @ 50Hz custom mode support for HDTVs for the ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series, ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series, and ATI Radeon X1000 Series of products.
    YES, YES, YES!!! My constant nagging might just been worth it!

Will try ASAP!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I know many had, and many had not. I think it's EDID related. I never gotten 1080p50 ... hopefully it will work now (first installation was unsuccessful)

EDIT: Works! First time I've gotten to select 1080p50 within CCC... and I was planing on buying a nVidia 9x00 based card this month.

Dubyahjay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Atlanta
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    8.8 resulted in a flickering tv preview window for me.. did anyone else have this issue? I ended up downgrading to 8.6 because of it. Guess I will have to give 8.9 a "roll in the hay" :)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    That's weird, I've been using 1080p@50Hz with Catalyst 8.7 all the time..

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    maybe they corrected some issues with specific hardware models. I haven't updated my mobo catalist version because of crashing issues... cautious about this one ... probably should try it. I haven't had issues with my original install version, since my system has been happy with whatever my HD HomeRun sends it.

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom