ATI Catalayst 8.9 out now! (1 Viewer)

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
December 28, 2007
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yes, ATI Catalyst 8.9 with EVR = No picture (Vista + ATI HD2600). I didn't do any uninstallation of the old driver, just ran the setup program. I should try to run a driver cleaner and reinstall the 8.9 later this weekend.

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, ATI Catalyst 8.9 with EVR = No picture (Vista + ATI HD2600). I didn't do any uninstallation of the old driver, just ran the setup program. I should try to run a driver cleaner and reinstall the 8.9 later this weekend.

I solved the problem with a uninstall + some cleaning in safe mode using Drive Sweeper and regedit. I suspect that all of those ATI tweaks you can find on different forums messes up things.

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Great!

Edit: Nope, I cant get the 8.9 version working. Have run Driver Cleaner and removed every trace of ATI but the picture is black, with EVR enabled. When EVR is disabled its working.
    I have installed 8.5 version again and its working.
    Hm, strange...

sique

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 25, 2007
    Stord
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    8.8 resulted in a flickering tv preview window for me.. did anyone else have this issue? I ended up downgrading to 8.6 because of it. Guess I will have to give 8.9 a "roll in the hay" :)
    8.8 and 8.9 results in a flickering tv preview window for me too, but as they solved the "flipy" skin hang problem I don't want go back either :-(. Unfortunately I don't remember what version I was running before I upgraded to 8.8 - maybe 8.6 solved both flickering and flipy?

Dubyahjay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Atlanta
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    At least I am not the only one. I havent noticed the flip hang in awhile, but I have been using Aeon and it doesnt have reflections. I guess I will roll back to 8.6 then...

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ccc saving settings

Am I the only one noticing that the AVIVO settings (like theater color and vector deinterlacing) are not remembered when the computer is re-booted?

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hassegubben: Saving settings has been a mess with all versions on my system. Sometimes nothing is saved, sometimes only some of the changes. And presets don't contain all possible settings either.

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Nope, can't get 8.9 to work. Tried a second time, uninstall the driver, driver cleaner in safe mode, deleted all ATI files and all ATI registry settings, still no picture. Giving up....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom