ATI Catalayst 8.9 out now! (1 Viewer)

hassegubben

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Uppsala
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I am very happy with the ccc 8.9 driver. The denoise and edge enhancement slide bars are a great asset. Denoise is great for analog recordings. Using the vector adaptive deinterlacing works like magic for the picture quality. As long as I don't reboot the computer, all settings are remembered.
Nybbe67: Have you checked the release notes? Perhaps you have a known issue and there might be a workaround.

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
December 28, 2007
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
To Spragleknas; I've made a new try today, boot up in safe mode, uninstalled all ATI software, ran Drive Sweeper and Driver Cleaner, jv16 PowerTools (to clean out the registry for all ATI stuff), Regedit to delete all other ATI and CCC stuff, then Registry Mechanic to correct any registry problem.
Then I installed the Catalyst 8.9 software again, no problem. Started Mediaportal RC2 with EVR and there was TV picture! Then I started to make my settings in CCC, for example "wait for vertical synk" among other things for best viewing picture. Started up MP again, and black tv picture! It is one of the settings doing this! Then I tried without EVR again, and it works!
So, when I ran with default settings in CCC it works, but there are lot of settings that need to be changed to get a good picture quality.
I will do another try tomorrow and find out which setting it is, causing this problem.

Anyone have any ideas which setting it is?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Nope.

Of topic and out of curiosity: What settings are you using for (in you opinion ) best PQ? (Details explanations appreciated :))

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have found the setting that is causin this behavior. It's the SmoothvisionHD antialiasing, when it's enabled the video is black, when it's disabled, its working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom