ATI Catalayst 8.9 out now! (1 Viewer)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    If I understand it correctly, there is no linger any "flipY="-issues with the IGP @ 690G (x1250). (I'm very happy with the 1080p50 force :))

GiuseppeC

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Catalyst finalli resolved me the problem of Forcing TV detection that do not detects the TV after rebooting. I have written to AMD and they answered very quicly. What a difference between the previous support and now.

Giuseppe Chillemi

backslash

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    8.8 resulted in a flickering tv preview window for me.. did anyone else have this issue? I ended up downgrading to 8.6 because of it. Guess I will have to give 8.9 a "roll in the hay" :)

Same issue here with 8.9! Iam using 690g/x1250...

Anyone having a solution?

backslash

backslash

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    8.8 resulted in a flickering tv preview window for me.. did anyone else have this issue? I ended up downgrading to 8.6 because of it. Guess I will have to give 8.9 a "roll in the hay" :)

Only way to fix it for me was changing the video renderer from VMR9 to EVR in mp settings.

Greets,

backslash

Kickin

Portal Member
    September 15, 2007
    hi backslash

I have also the same problem, but I don't get any picture in EVR.
    I am running XP and do I need to install net framework 3.0 to get EVR to work?

thanks Kickin

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    hi backslash

I have also the same problem, but I don't get any picture in EVR.
    I am running XP and do I need to install net framework 3.0 to get EVR to work?

Yes, .NET 3.0 is needed on XP. But there isnt any good reason to run EVR on XP. MS nor MediaPortal support it officially and its only software based.

backslash

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, .NET 3.0 is needed on XP. But there isnt any good reason to run EVR on XP. MS nor MediaPortal support it officially and its only software based.

What do you recommend to prevent flickering with VMR9 using latest ATI drivers?

backslash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom